E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Reset Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Reset Issue

Hey MB fam, I'm either having an issue or I'm just still new to the car. ALSO New to the group. *I already searched and didn't find my answer*
I came from having Infinitis and this is my first MB.

Whenever I turn the car off after a drive, could be 2 minutes or 2 hours, the settings I programmed always reset. The most annoying one is the Distance Warning. I always turn it off but no matter what I do, it's always turned on again when I turn the car on. Any suggestions or help is appreciated!

Cheers!

2014 E350
Old 11-08-2016, 01:16 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2010 E550 4Matic Sport P2
Originally Posted by paulmnly
Hey MB fam, I'm either having an issue or I'm just still new to the car. ALSO New to the group. *I already searched and didn't find my answer*
I came from having Infinitis and this is my first MB.

Whenever I turn the car off after a drive, could be 2 minutes or 2 hours, the settings I programmed always reset. The most annoying one is the Distance Warning. I always turn it off but no matter what I do, it's always turned on again when I turn the car on. Any suggestions or help is appreciated!

Cheers!

2014 E350
There are a variety of settings that auto reset each time you restart the car. I'm guessing you mean the proximity parking sensors? Those will always reset, along with the driving mode. (On earlier model years at least, it defaults to comfort mode vs sport for the TCU).

You MAY be able to disable that with a Mercedes STAR computer in developer mode, but personally, despite the irritation of hearing the beeping when you are pulling out of a parking stall, I'd hate to miss something in an unfamiliar place which I've done before In a previous Range Rover.......

And welcome to the group!!!
The following users liked this post:
paulmnly (11-08-2016)
Old 11-08-2016, 07:24 AM

E350
Hey Abrown, thanks for the info. I was actually referring to the distance warning that beeps when you're steadily approaching a vehicle in front of you in traffic. There's a sensor up where your RearView Mirror is located and anytime you're approaching a slow moving vehicle (and even sometimes when there isn't anything in front of you) it will beep to tell you, "slow down or change lanes before you hit the dummy in front of you"...

I didn't realize you couldn't change you're settings and have them actually stay. Perfect example, it won't program my seat positions. I'll program it, but once the car is turned off, the memory is gone!
Old 11-08-2016, 08:32 AM

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
2013 E550 4Matic
Most of those settings resetting are normal (e.g. some people prefer Eco mode to stay off all the time, but that's also one of those per-start resetting options)... but the seat memory should stay. Are you sure you're saving the setting by holding M + # until it beeps? And how do you know it's not saving the setting? If you have Easy Entry/Exit assist (I think is what it's called in the dash menu), the steering wheel will move up and away from you when you turn the car off, but should go back to your last active setting (whether memory setting or not) when you turn the car back on. If it's not doing that, then you might have something wrong with the seat module, or something like that.
The following users liked this post:
paulmnly (11-08-2016)
Old 11-08-2016, 08:52 AM

E350
Originally Posted by blegthbloo
Most of those settings resetting are normal (e.g. some people prefer Eco mode to stay off all the time, but that's also one of those per-start resetting options)... but the seat memory should stay. Are you sure you're saving the setting by holding M + # until it beeps? And how do you know it's not saving the setting? If you have Easy Entry/Exit assist (I think is what it's called in the dash menu), the steering wheel will move up and away from you when you turn the car off, but should go back to your last active setting (whether memory setting or not) when you turn the car back on. If it's not doing that, then you might have something wrong with the seat module, or something like that.
Makes perfect sense... I wish there was a way to have ECO turned off and have the "per-start" settings saved...

For the seat setting, I just hit the M + # and it beeped... Maybe I need to hold it...

Thank you sir!
Old 11-08-2016, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts
2010 e550 p2
Originally Posted by paulmnly
Makes perfect sense... I wish there was a way to have ECO turned off and have the "per-start" settings saved...

For the seat setting, I just hit the M + # and it beeped... Maybe I need to hold it...

Thank you sir!
M + # ( and hold the number for like 2 second and it will beep)
but basicly when it beeps , seat position was saved and all should work
Old 11-08-2016, 10:50 AM

Received 181 Likes on 115 Posts
2015 E400 and 2015 GLK350
Yes, the seat positions (and outside mirror positions) are saved, BUT to reset to these saved settings you have to hold in the # button until the seat and mirrors stop moving. This is not like some of the up-market Japanese cars (I has several Lexus) where a touch of the button, then release the button, and the seats continue moving into place.

In the MB, if you touch the button and then release it, the seat will stop wherever it was when you released the button. Just hold the button until motion stops, and you should be "there."
Old 11-08-2016, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts
2010 e550 p2
YEP ^