E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

aux battery replaced..... COMAND won't work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 04:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
aux battery replaced..... COMAND won't work

so few hrs ago i replaced the aux battery( the one on the right side under the hood) on my 2013 E350(W212) with the car off
the car runs fine but my COMAND system wont turn on.....(and ive tried to power button lol)
i checked all the fuses all the fuses were fine and in good condition.... now im out of ideas.....

does anybody had a silmilar experience or idea of what i should do from here?
Old 11-28-2016, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
2014 E350 W212
Originally Posted by gustlr23
so few hrs ago i replaced the aux battery( the one on the right side under the hood) on my 2013 E350(W212) with the car off
the car runs fine but my COMAND system wont turn on.....(and ive tried to power button lol)
i checked all the fuses all the fuses were fine and in good condition.... now im out of ideas.....

does anybody had a silmilar experience or idea of what i should do from here?
Welcome. Sounds like you replaced the aux bat yourself? Or did dealer replace? If dealer, take back to dealer. If you replaced it, I suspect that may have caused some type of malfunction... I know, duh.

I have no experience with this but there may be a reset that needs to happen once the aux bat has been replaced? Proceed at your own risk, but maybe try disconnecting the main battery for a minute or two to reset all. Be warned, this may erase presets and other settings you have saved in the car. Failing that, or not wanting to chance it, call dealer for advice and or service. Good luck.