last dealer service and struck out on E300 loaner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
last dealer service and struck out on E300 loaner

Took my car in for the last of the 3 pack prepaid maintenance services. I was planning on using an indy for my services to save $ but $1,089 for a 3 pack to cover my 6y/60k (B, brake, plugs), 7y/70k (A) and 8y/80k (B, brake, ATF, engine air filter) was even better pricing than the indy shops near me. So I've been spoiled by the dealer now for 3 services with their beverages, snacks and loaners. At first, it seemed special but even the local Honda and Toyota dealers have stepped up their beverage and snack game so the loaner feels like the only real perk left IMO.

Two years ago, the first loaner was a 2014 C250. No comment. Last year, I stayed away from the old C and asked for a 2016 E class. They told me they only had a few and they were all out. Ended up with a GLC that was just fine for the day (it was only an A service but I didn't want to wait). Next time, they said, call ahead and request the E loaner when I make the appt which will increase my chances. So I did exactly that for my last dealer service, knowing that future services with the indy will involve playing the drop off/pick up game. Even if I qualify to buy another prepaid main. pack, I wouldn't because the next 3 are just A/B/A with only 1 brake service. Doubt it would be worth it.

But this morning after checking in my car and sitting there waiting - enjoying my beverage and snack while they took my car back to the service bay as I read their laser equipped service bumper tire analysis (pretty cool but does no one look at the tread anymore) - the concierge tells me they only have CLA, GLA and one C class left. I asked them to double check for an E but they were all gone. They only have a few and they were all still out.

At least the C300 I am driving is a brand new 2017. It looks much cooler than the 2014 C250 I had 2 years back inside in out. But it is still a C at heart and the tech implementation is laggy and less user friendly IMO despite being more aesthetically pleasing.

So they close at 5 and just called to say I could pick up my car at 4:30 or keep the loaner and get it Monday morning (closed Sunday). It's up to me to decide. If they had given me an E300 loaner I doubt there would be a question of what to do...
Old 01-22-2017, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Are you sure that the pre-paid maintenance covers the automatic transmission service? All info I can find on the official MBUSA website lists the AT service as only on 2015 or newer models.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
Yes, it does as the ATF service on my 2011 was no charge. Those charts are examples and don't show all the items. The terms of the prepaid maintenance are to cover the required maintenance per the manufacturer for the interval that is due. So you can refer to your maintenance manual for all those required services for your specific model. Recommended services (wipers, tire rotation, etc.) are not included although some dealers may still do some extras - one near me changes the wipers if you bought prepaid from them, another replaces the fob battery for free.

Just to update, I decided to pick up my car after some attempts at spirited driving in the C300 left me unimpressed. Sport + mode made that 4 banger scream all the time.

While waiting for them to pull up my car, another customer in an S550 who was there with a tire issue gets into his GLS450 loaner. Funny how they didn't mention that option when I dropped mine off. Heard the sales rep who he was talking at first convincing the service concierge that he needed something bigger.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts
2010 E550 P2 w/AMG Sport Package + Pano, 2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Originally Posted by thefisch
While waiting for them to pull up my car, another customer in an S550 who was there with a tire issue gets into his GLS450 loaner. Funny how they didn't mention that option when I dropped mine off. Heard the sales rep who he was talking at first convincing the service concierge that he needed something bigger.
I was wondering the same thing. One of the last services I went in for, I saw a guy dropping off a GT S and he was quite upset with something that was wrong. I was thinking no way in hell they give that guy a C300 loaner Lol.