E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Airmatic suspension problem or not?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 05:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'07 Mercedes E350 Wagon 4matic
Question Airmatic suspension problem or not?

Hi folks. New to this site. Bought my wife a really beautiful '07 E350 wagon last spring in Florida. Car has about 105k miles. Impeccable Carfax detailing all maintenance from new at the same WPB dealer.

So wife flies down, picks up, and drives back to cold cold Wisconsin (Elkhart Lake). All is well until a few weeks ago, when we parked at a hotel near Milwaukee airport for a week while we caught a vacay in Mexico. Got down to below zero while we were gone. On return, I see that the wagon is sitting pretty low in the rear and when I start it get a warning "car is too low" in red on speedo cluster. So I warm it up a little and lo and behold car returns to normal height.

So now 3 weeks later no problems at all, and no height changes. Could it have been the blasted cold temps for a week while it sat? I did read on another site of some owners having same kind of problem in extreme low temps. I'm planning a pretty long road trip and don't want to get stuck anywhere. Anybody have any ideas??? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old 02-01-2017, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts
2011 E63, 2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 v8, 2013 GMC Denali XL, 1965 Ford Mustang, 2005 Merc. E500
the air in the shock system contracted due to the cold. Tires do the same.