E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

New member intro with a question (broken headlight)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 10:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 Mercedes E350 Cabriolet
New member intro with a question (broken headlight)

Hi, folks -

New member here with a few questions.

First, a little introduction. This is my first MB but not my first German car. I also own a 1983 Porsche 911 SC that my wife likes to call "The Mistress".

After owning my truck for the last 10 years, I decided to break down and get a fun car (ok ANOTHER fun car) and I found this car with low mileage that seemed to be well cared for so I jumped on it. It's a black 2011 E350 Cabriolet with 27k+ miles. The car was originally bought in Florida and all service done at the local MB dealership. I went into the navi and all of the previous addresses were golf courses so I think I have a good idea of how the car was treated.

It does have the Takata airbag recall and I'm on the list for that. When I called my local dealer to talk about it they were kind enough to email me a copy of the original spec sheet too.

Now the first real problem I've run into is someone cracked my passenger side headlight lens. It may have happened when I had the car parked at the airport -- they are checking the security footage for me. It is always something...

Only the plastic lens is cracked. I'm trying to figure out if I can just buy the lens by itself and not the entire assembly. According to the option codes, here's what I have:

619 : Cornering Lights
615 : Bi-Xenon Active Light System
608 : Intelligent Highbeam Control

Can anyone point me to a parts diagram? If I understand correctly, there are different light assemblies based on the features, so I don't know how the features above map to which light assembly. I just need to know what I'm looking for so I can find the right thing.

I have a to-do list of other things, but first things first.

Appreciate any and all help and advice.

Cheers,
Tim
Attached Thumbnails New member intro with a question (broken headlight)-img_0623.jpg   New member intro with a question (broken headlight)-img_0558.jpg  

Last edited by AirCooledTiger; 03-10-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 E350
You would need to find a donor light (lens should be same for all models). Place headlight in oven on baking sheet (wax paper too) at 200deg for ~15min. Lens should pull away. Used to do this when putting xenon projectors in halogen housings.