E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Hi all and tail light facelift trouble

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S212
Hi all and tail light facelift trouble

Hi all. I'm Henrik Weltz from Denmark. I just bought a used s212 from 2010 and found this nice mb forum.
I have done some improvements and some repairs on the car and have had some trouble.
I have recently bought a used amg rear bumper from a faceliftet model and had it painted. And bought new parking sensors ( very expensive) and it won't ever work because of my old 2010 car and the new 2014 parking sensors can't work together. And the old sensors don't fit the holes in the new bumper. That's a thing I have to live with. But it looks good.

But then I mounted the rear bumper and the tail light won't fit.
Then I bought new facelift model tail light and the signal does not work and and the brake light is making trouble in the dashbord display.
I saw a thread in here and have been reading some similar trouble that some of you guys had so I hope that there is someone in here that can help me and can tell me if I need to buy a convertion kit or sitting harness of if I just need a resistance or switch some wires.

I saw that Chris the Swede had a similar problem and got it fixed. But I ain't sure what and where to buy.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W212 forum...