E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

INTELLIGENT SYSTEM LIGHTING

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E250 CDI BE SPORT
INTELLIGENT SYSTEM LIGHTING

Im driving an e250 cdi be in ireland and the question i have is when im turning right all the lights come on on the rhs of the car but when im turning left they dont ,now i have my intelligent lighting system on and also driving on the left hand side of the road ,should my left hand side cornering activate when turnning left or os this setting right
Old 05-10-2017, 09:24 PM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2014 E550 Black on Black
Let me ask a few questions to see if I can help. I don't pick up my E550 for another 10 days but I have read the owners manual cover to cover like 6 times. Are you using the low beams and turn signal when you turn both left and right? According to the manual:

"The cornering light function improves the illumination of the road over a wide angle in the direction you are turning, enabling better visibility in tight bends, for example. It can only be activated when the low-beam headlamps are switched on."

Active:
-if you are driving at speeds below 25 mph (40 km/h) and switch on the turn signal or turn the steering wheel

-if you are driving at speeds between 25 mph(40 km/h) and 45 mph (70 km/h) and turn the steering wheel

Not active: if you are driving at speeds above 25 mph (40 km/h) or switch off the turn signal or turn the steering wheel to the straight-ahead position.

The cornering lamp may remain lit for a short time, but is automatically switched off after no more than three minutes."

hope that helps
Old 05-11-2017, 12:58 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2010 Mercedes E550 4matic Sport P2, Driver Assistant, Night Vision, Parktronic and Panorama Sunroof
Simple test, requires 2 people. Have first person sit in driver seat and start the car. (Do this at night), leave it in park and tell the first person to turn the wheel past center to left or right, it should automatically light a tiny bulb inside the main housing to aim a beam of light in that direction in which the second person can see (right light, shoots beam to the right...) I do this all the time in my drive way when I waiting for someone to get in the car, simple test and basically lights up what ever side your driving on. There is a maximum speed at which the cornering lights no longer light up, and instead the main beam turn left and right kind of like you eyes based on steering wheel input and direction.