E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Weird Battery stuff

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 03:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C207
Thanks for the replies.

I have contacted the GPS company, so that they can give me the technical info to me regarding my inquiries, which I guess they keep it for security reasons.
I will update

By the way, anyone knows what is the standard/normal value of the IB when you turn off the vehicle?

I have learned that IB in our instrument cluster stands for design/actual current.

Mine says -5.1A. approximately with all turned off. At night and when some lights remain on, it says -8.3A
Old 08-01-2017, 04:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C207
Well, it seems my device is top quality and the battery is in good shape. It recharges itself via movement of the car and that is the time when it is active.
When you turn off the car it goes into sleep mode after several minutes.
Anyway, the tech said to me that if it were bad, in just a few hours you would have a flat car battery.

I really have no issues nowadays, since I changed the battery I have seen values that with the damaged old battery could not get to see, like 13.2V or just after a drive 12.7V.

I have read that you should lock your car with the alarm so it goes into sleep mode faster, so that I do now. Before I never locked the car. Maybe it makes a difference in the long run.

What I really need to do is drive it more often and for longer routes , otherwise I would have the undercharging problem again. That is something I have learned, especially with the A/C off.
Another thing I learned is that batteries are recommended to be between 50% to 85% of their charge, below that is when the battery starts to break down.

So, just do not let the battery go below those levels, use your car long and frequently enough to juice up the car battery and from time to time recharge it with the ctek and you will have a long lasting relationship

After spending $1000 in two batteries in one year, that might be a great idea.