E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

2014 Trunk Storage cubbies

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 07:40 PM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2014 E550 Black on Black
2014 Trunk Storage cubbies

So today at work I was in and out of my trunk all day and noticed the storage cubbies on the left and right side of the trunk. I see the first aid kit on the right side but was wondering what you guys keep in the left side? Is there any heat issues in the space? I was thinking of storing a few trash bags to put my boots in if I should happen to step in mud or something, but I don't want them to melt in there (the trash bags). I have a small collapsable umbrella but I don't want it bouncing around in there. I also have a reflective vest and gloves. From what I saw there is a pretty big metal box in there with all sorts of wires going to it. Didn't look like an amp or sub but I could be wrong. So I am wondering about the heat issue.

what say you guys

Last edited by apg231; 05-24-2017 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:37 AM

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
2013 E550 4Matic
Pretty sure that's the amp for the speakers. I think I stuffed a motorcycle cover in there at some point, but in hindsight was probably not the best idea given that metal box probably needs air for cooling. That being said, maybe don't put anything in there unless it's small (and soft or padded, to prevent rattling noises). While I'm thinking about it, I should probably check mine to make sure I'm not hiding anything in there still lol