I知 not accusing anybody, but . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 10:21 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2020 E 350; 2022 E450 Coupe; 2005 Porsche Cayenne; 1975 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0
Originally Posted by Arrie
Man,

I 100% believe what you say and I know like everyone who knows anything about cars that fuses just don't fall off by themselves.

But the bigger question for you is if this dealer did the service at all??? Have anybody looked at the oil after service? Does it look like it was changed?

If I had this happen to me as a minimum I would change the engine oil again and as it is so simple to do by sucking it out thru the dip stick tube I would do it myself. But that is just me.

B.S. can happen at the "reputable" MB dealer service. A few months back my car did not start, it cranked just fine but did jot fire up. I called the dealer I have been using and as it looked like it may be a fuel pump issue he quoted changing that for around $1000. I called another dealer and they quoted $490. Then when the car was fixed there was no need for fuel pump change. They told me the engine flooded and I needed a software update to fix that. This was done costing around $260 and when I again asked if I should have the fuel pump replaced just in case they told me NO. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the fuel pump.

The latter dealer now has my business.
I wish I had not read your post. Now I need to check the oil . . .
Old 10-21-2017, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 930 Likes on 658 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by RNajarian
I wish I had not read your post. Now I need to check the oil . . .
Well,
If the car is a keeper it may be good to do so.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 994 Likes on 766 Posts
2003 CL 600
Originally Posted by RNajarian
i hear you Pal. I don稚 want to unfairly accuse anyone, as for getting an unfair rap. . . Try being a DENTIST ☠️
Actually my mom is a dental assistant at a small practice. I'm aware lol.

Still not as bad as mechanics. We're right above car salesman from what I've seen. I did sell cars for a bit, wasn't successful as I'm not inherently dishonest. Sucks.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:55 AM

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts
2016 E350 2015 ML250 2002 Z06 CORVETTE
Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
Actually my mom is a dental assistant at a small practice. I'm aware lol.

Still not as bad as mechanics. We're right above car salesman from what I've seen. I did sell cars for a bit, wasn't successful as I'm not inherently dishonest. Sucks.
What a ridiculous statement! Inherent dishonesty is a sure formula for failure selling cars. Inherent intelligence is needed. Car salesmen hear more lies from customers in a week than most of them will ever tell in a year.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
Originally Posted by JALLEN4
What a ridiculous statement! Inherent dishonesty is a sure formula for failure selling cars. Inherent intelligence is needed. Car salesmen hear more lies from customers in a week than most of them will ever tell in a year.
try saying that to a cop or a lawyer. .
Old 03-24-2018, 07:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 E550 coupe,2005 porsche ca 911,04 subaru outback,94 Harley FXSTC
As a retired senior master tech ,domestic dealer over thirty years experience.My first thought is would that system need to be turned off to complete a portion of the service and they forgot to re enable it.At dealers the lead or senior techs usually watch out for any shenanigans as it will directly affect their future business.I would suggest calling the service manager and tell him what you found ,be polite and don't accuse them of any thing.You are .He may tell you thats a normal part of certain services or he may have had issues with certain techs and sloppy work. Most dealer techs have many hours in training for these complex vehicles to try to upsell bogus repairs isn't worth jeopardizing their hundreds of hours of training each year . The dealer will still try to sell you certain services as a package such as injector flush that is rarely needed due to deposit resistant design,it can't hurt but in most cases won't help . I would think with your battery warning light on ,you would diagnose the system before replacing the battery then finding the fuse missing .
The following users liked this post:
aaacsdai (04-24-2018)