W212 bizzare Lighting issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 11:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
cars
W212 bizzare Lighting issue

Hey all,

i have a 2010 E350 4matic (US) with bi-xenons and my front passenger side turn signal which is a factory LED is giving me problems. The right side signal or hazard won't work while I'm driving most of time but When I turn the car off and get out and lock it and leave it for 5min+ or so it will work when I unlock the car. If I open the door and put the hazards on they will work and if I turn the car on with the hazards on they will continue to work until I turn the hazards off. If I turn them off while driving then try and put them back on that one side won't work. The drivers side front turn signal works perfectly. I know the Led bulb or strip whatever is in there is fine it's just not getting the signal to go when it's called to work. It's really weird bc from my understanding there is one SAM that controls both sides? I'm thinking might be a harness issue? But why would it work at first then stop?
Someone suggested I unplug the battery and let it sit to reset the computers but I've heard horror stories about unplugging the batteries just like that? I know on toyotas and even new Lexus cars you can unplug them and nothing happens idk why everyone's so scared on MB cars. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks In advance and excuse my dumb name on here...