E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Changing muffler (2015 E350 Sport 4Matic)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 12:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW 328i xDrive
Changing muffler (2015 E350 Sport 4Matic)

So, I just got a new-to-me CPO 2015 E350 Sport last week, and it is a very beautiful car! It is a huge upgrade coming from an 2014 F30 328xi. I'm looking for some options to upgrade my exhaust without breaking the bank (I'm on a college student budget ), and after doing some research I am hooked with the idea of replacing stock mufflers to a more high-flowing ones. I'm really new to this exhaust thing.

#1: First of all, I'm sorry if a lot of my questions seems stupid, but is muffler the "box" thats really close to the exhaust tips? If that's the case, then I need to get 2 mufflers from magnaflow?
#2: Which specific model/part# should I get? I'm looking at the MF Performance, but there are a lot of different dimensions. Will 3.5x7 Oval muffler works for my stock exhaust?

Here is the site that I'm looking at: https://www.magnaflow.com/automotive...ance/mufflers/

The number of choice is just overwhelming.
I appreciate any guidance being given

Thanks a lot
Old 10-14-2017, 04:02 PM

Received 97 Likes on 70 Posts
2010 W212 E550 4matic
Originally Posted by rfcoolz
So, I just got a new-to-me CPO 2015 E350 Sport last week, and it is a very beautiful car! It is a huge upgrade coming from an 2014 F30 328xi. I'm looking for some options to upgrade my exhaust without breaking the bank (I'm on a college student budget ), and after doing some research I am hooked with the idea of replacing stock mufflers to a more high-flowing ones. I'm really new to this exhaust thing.

#1: First of all, I'm sorry if a lot of my questions seems stupid, but is muffler the "box" thats really close to the exhaust tips? If that's the case, then I need to get 2 mufflers from magnaflow?
#2: Which specific model/part# should I get? I'm looking at the MF Performance, but there are a lot of different dimensions. Will 3.5x7 Oval muffler works for my stock exhaust?

Here is the site that I'm looking at: https://www.magnaflow.com/automotive...ance/mufflers/

The number of choice is just overwhelming.
I appreciate any guidance being given

Thanks a lot
You can check out what this guy did, even though it's on a V8, you'll still get an idea of what it will sound like with different parts of the exhaust replaced and the costs involved. He has several videos where he shows different changes he's made (just muffler replacement, resonator and muffler replacement, straight pipes, etc.).In regards to sizing, you'll have to get under your car and measure the diameter of the pipe going into the muffler. I think that's the most accurate way to do it, you might be able to find some measurements online, but in my experience you'll have to sift through allot of inaccurate reports. You can can fit bigger diameter mufflers if you decide that's what you want, there are allot of adapter pipes to choose from. I would also do an overall sizing measurement of your current mufflers and compare that with what you want to buy to see if it will fit. Or you could just pay a shop to do it if you're not into DIY-ing, in my opinion the costs don't seem to be that high since labor time is short. Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
rfcoolz (10-15-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 12:19 PM

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts
2000 E430 Sport
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2015-Me...1YwOAw&vxp=mtr

Not my auction at all but nothing beats the original IMO!