E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

driver seat creak.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 01:08 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
w212
driver seat creak.

it's driving me crazy, a few month's back the dealership said they couldn't replicate, it's relatively minorc but i can feel it almost every time i accelerate from a stop. it's a sort of creak/squeak and worse than the sound is the fact that i can feel it. I think it's the base of the seat and not the backrest but I'm not sure, was thinking of taking it to an indy shop for it soon, anyone have something similar happen?
Old 10-15-2017, 04:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 / Triumph Trophy1215
Im with you there, I get a creak from the passenger seat that drives me batty, finally had someone other than the wife in the car..... that didn't sound right..... I mean my son was home for a visit so we were in the car and he fished about while I drove, appears to be something to do with the seat belt buckle. When he holds that away from the seat, ie moves it towards the centre console, the squeak goes away! May be the same with yours?
Old 10-18-2017, 12:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
w212 E350 Bluetec & Mk7 GTI Sport
Yup seat buckle

my new gti has felt on the sides of the seat clip from the factory =D

turns out plastic on mbtex or leather squeaks whenever it moves.... Just get some felt tape, and wrap the buckle clip.

In fact i am STILL bsing and have not done this myself.... Good reminder to do it though. Been stuffing microfibers between them for now =D
Old 10-19-2017, 11:54 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
W212 E550 4M P2
For me, it was the little compartment at the front underside of the passenger seat that squeaked and rattled.

In that compartment, I keep a microfiber cloth. Now I close that compartment with the cloth a bit in between the door and jam. It's a >90% fix.

Good luck!
Old 10-20-2017, 12:40 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
83 300sd, 88 560sl, 14 e550
Originally Posted by Trancebolt
Yup seat buckle

my new gti has felt on the sides of the seat clip from the factory =D

turns out plastic on mbtex or leather squeaks whenever it moves.... Just get some felt tape, and wrap the buckle clip.

In fact i am STILL bsing and have not done this myself.... Good reminder to do it though. Been stuffing microfibers between them for now =D
I narrowed mine to the belt buckle rubbing on the seat.
Felt tape is a great idea...