E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Help connecting phone to bluetooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E220 CDI convertible - W212
Help connecting phone to bluetooth

Hi, first time poster here (posted this question in the wrong forum yesterday).

I have just swapped phones from a Samsung S3 mini GT-I8190 to a Moto G 3rd Gen and am unable to connect to bluetooth in the car (2012 E220CDI convertible). Have tried searching, resetting, importing contacts......nothing works.

I know bluetooth works on the new phone as it connects to the Samsung, and I know the bluetooth works in the car as that also connects to the old phone. Just unable to connect the new phone to the car

I'm perplexed as to why this won't connect.

Any suggestions in simple idiot proof English? Will I need to go back to my old phone?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:19 AM

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
2012 E350 sedan
Plenty of good You Tube videos on line. Better than using the manual

Also, did you turn your old phone off when trying to connect the new one? Bluetooth will connect to the old one if the old one is turned on, even if left elsewhere in your house, and I don't think it will allow a new connection while connected to an existing phone.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,742 Likes on 1,389 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
I just did it few days ago and after 20+ tries I lost the track what was the final procedure.
The menu is misleading and when I was clicking "connect to xxxxx" it did not go anywhere.
From what I remember finally starting on phone side and clicking "Pair with MBxxx" brought me pairing codes and it works since then.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E220 CDI convertible - W212
Originally Posted by VegasE
Also, did you turn your old phone off when trying to connect the new one? Bluetooth will connect to the old one if the old one is turned on, even if left elsewhere in your house, and I don't think it will allow a new connection while connected to an existing phone.
Hi, yeah, I had taken the sim out of the old phone a few days ago and been using the new one. The old phone was turned off so not connected at the same time.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 386 Likes on 315 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
Have you tried external authorization method? That's how I have done all my phones. Not a fan of letting the car search for the phone. Rather I select external authorization and then find the car using the BT settings/search on the phone.