Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW F30
[QUOTE=LemonSqueezy;7366383]
Originally Posted by Youngd
[left]
Like I told Kevin, the tech noticed the crack before drilling because we lifted the car up and the crack was now visible at eye level, tech asked if me I wanted to continue. I said sure go ahead and drill. Tech actually told me to email FD which is how all this even started.. I wasn't looking to refund the product or get a free one, I support small businesses more than anything. I simply asked if there was anything we could work out, like a discount, didn't even care if it was a 5% discount on another order. Most companies if professional enough, would say "apologies we can't do anything after the lip is installed" and stand firm on that no matter what. I was not expecting to be insulted and attacked personally. After I received those last two paragraphs which I quoted above, I decided it just was not worth it.
Sorry for what was said to you at the time, I was definitely not professional enough at the time half a year into running a business on my own, if my business fails because of this incident, I will bear full responsibility for it.

And thank you for wanting to support a new start up, but I blew it up in my own face..........
Old 07-25-2019, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW F30
[QUOTE=cocobeex;7366432]
Originally Posted by LemonSqueezy

Myself in sales job for 10+ years.

Doesn't matter how rude the client is, I would never ever say something like that to my clients.

It is shocking this happened.

Was it an e-mail conversation ? Or on the phone ?
I've learned my lesson now 2 years into running a business on my own.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:27 AM

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts
14 550 sedan
Here are my final thoughts about this 18 months later, I'd like to leave this in the past but since it was brought up once again, here goes.

This defective lip has a crack on the inside of the clear coat. There were no signs of impact that I nor the body shop could find anywhere nearby to where the crack originated from. FD has not acknowledged that the product could have been shipped out defectively, instead the solution was to redirect the blame back to the customer for damaging the product, again I don't see how that's possible if the crack came from the inside.

18 months of driving, hitting my fair share of driveways and bumper stoppers, the lip is holding up fine. The size of the crack is still identical compared to the day of install. So it's a strong product, which makes me wonder how I could possibly damage it in the first place.

I did bring up forward at the time of purchase that there were many little divets and dimples in the clear coat, FD addressed it as normal and nothing but cosmetic for the price that I am getting. It is only noticable from about a foot away so it's a non issue in my eyes.

An apology 18 months later is better than no apology at all, however it was only for how I was treated and not for acknowledging a damaged product.

Do I feel like this was a genuine apology? I want to say yes but being that it took 18 months, I am leaving towards probably not. My honest opinion right now is that this apology is a business move rather than a true heartfelt apology.

However I do hope that FD has grown since this incident. I have learned a lot since that day 18 months ago on how to handle online vendors. This was an experience that I hope no one has to ever go through, to be personally insulted and berated over something that could been handled effortlessly.

Like I said earlier, I am way over this incident. I do wish FD the best of luck in conducting business from here on out, I am sure no one else will go through a similar experience with them ever again.

A company should not be defined by 1 review and 1 experience. I don't believe this experience should stop anyone else from considering their products as there are obviously other members here with great experiences. At this point in time it is more of a friendly reminder to remember to always proceed with caution with online vendors.

Last edited by LemonSqueezy; 08-01-2019 at 03:48 AM.
The following users liked this post:
KEY08 (08-01-2019)