Bad Map update on my 2011 E350 with NTG4 command

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 4matic
Bad Map update on my 2011 E350 with NTG4 command

Hello All,

I bought burned DVD map update on ebay (I know bad idea) to upgrade my Navigation MAPs. The upgrade will only complete to 37-38% and I get a message saying "Upgrade is not possible" I have gotten several discs from the seller as well as other vendors with the same result. The radio works in all functions except Navigation. Is there anyway to fix this without a DAS/Xentry system. I was thinking that I can take the Hdd out the command. Unlock the hdd and copy the files over manually. Has anyone tried this before? Do you think buying OEM discs will fix the issue. If I put a different version of the Navi discs in my system the process seems to start all over again but with the same results. Do you know of a service that I can send my HDD to them and have them upgrade the drive and send it back to me? Is this possible or is the command and the hdd married to each other?

Thanks in advace,
Old 02-18-2018, 08:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Are you serious send your HDD-----simply drive to a local MB dealer-----there are a lot more variables to consider when pimping off ebay.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
Oof. Haven't heard of this happening before but maybe others will chime in. You could try the OEM discs but I would go through a dealer in case the same problem occurs. If its works then you're out the $250 for them but at least your nav works. If they don't work, maybe the dealer can help you troubleshoot or maybe you can get your money back if they can't complete the update.

And get your money back from the ebay seller and leave a bad review so other buyers know the risk. In theory, copied discs should work just as well as the original. The problem here is you can't vouch for the original and perhaps the seller's file have gotten corrupt somehow.