E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Low volume AUX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-klasse
Low volume AUX

Hi, Ive been Reading pretty much all the posts about this But Im left with No answers.
Ive tried raising the volume in the ”secret menu” But it Didnt really raise the volume at all.
Radio and CD volume can be loud, its just the AUX that isnt.
from what Ive gathered one fix is some kind of MB-aux amplifier which I Cant find anywhere and the other is a firmware update(which supposedly should unlock bluetooth-streaming and Give you an aditional setting in aux) But is that something that only applies to the E350?

best regards
Old 07-27-2018, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 386 Likes on 315 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
You probably already did this, but most folks forget to turn up the volume on the device plugged into the aux cable. I usually turn the phone or other device up to just below the highest volume level and then adjust the comand volume from there. But I suspect it's difference for every device.

In the old Radio Shack days you could probably pick up a mono amp, but I imagine the distortion would be undesirable.
Old 07-28-2018, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-klasse
Originally Posted by thefisch
You probably already did this, but most folks forget to turn up the volume on the device plugged into the aux cable. I usually turn the phone or other device up to just below the highest volume level and then adjust the comand volume from there. But I suspect it's difference for every device.

In the old Radio Shack days you could probably pick up a mono amp, but I imagine the distortion would be undesirable.
I did yes. I even tried to change eq-settings on the phone.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 386 Likes on 315 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
Have you tried another device and/or cable to see if low volume persists? Just in case the issue is specific to the device youre using.