Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W212)
Upgrading to JL Audio Subwoofer >

Upgrading to JL Audio Subwoofer

Notices
E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Old 11-17-2018, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350 Sport/ML350RWD

I usually install audio systems in all of my vehicles, but I have not in any of my Mercedes. I did install an Infinity BassLink in my '08 C300 and it was not very impressive. So, after having this vehicle for a few years, I've decided the only thing I really want to change about it is the lack of low-end bass even with the Harmon Kardon system. My wife's ML350 sounds much better than my car and I can't have that. I measured and searched the internet for possible solutions and decided on the JL Audio ACS110LG-TW1 Powered Shallow Subwoofer Sealed 10TW1 PowerWedge+ Sub Box. It has a slim subwoofer and a 400 watt ClassD amp in a compact enclosure. It will fit perfectly against the back of the seat facing towards the back of the trunk. Hopefully, I won't have too much rattling.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:34 PM
Mud

2011 E-350 4Matic Sport
I've also been disappointed with the low end (lack of). I've got a nice Kenwood amp and 10" sub already boxed that I'm considering installing but I've been a bit skittish about attaching anything to the oem sound system. I'd hate to mess something up. If you go ahead, please post your progress and process, thanks!
Old 11-18-2018, 12:57 PM

2009 W212 E 300 Avantgarde
If your subs are slim enough, 'free air" would be a good solution to keep standard look and space. There's space behind the front passenger floor for amps. Here's how my subs installed (10" x 2).
Old 11-18-2018, 12:58 PM

2009 W212 E 300 Avantgarde
Originally Posted by Adrian Hanif View Post
If your subs are slim enough, 'free air" would be a good solution to keep standard look and space. There's space behind the front passenger floor for amps. Here's how my subs installed (10" x 2).

The Following User Says Thank You to Adrian Hanif For This Useful Post:
belarus27 (02-16-2019)
Old 11-18-2018, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350 Sport/ML350RWD
WOW! That looks almost factory. I wanted a subwoofer I could easily remove and didn't want anything requiring that much modification. In the past, when I was healthier, I would have climbed in the trunk, measured it up and built an enclosure. Due to my shoulder, neck and back injuries- installing an amp is probably the most I can handle.