E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

“Sos inoperative” anyone change a teleaid module?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 01:48 PM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
E63 AMG S
“Sos inoperative” anyone change a teleaid module?

brought my car to the dealer for a wheel change...

service advisor tells me my battery has drained completely dead.
a new battery installed, now the sos inoperative light comes on and cant be deleted via code scanner.

is this usually a software update needed? Car is 4 yrs old, 2014, and never had this issue before.

or should i just replace the module, does a module need programming when install (used or new?)
Old 01-28-2019, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,620 Likes on 1,189 Posts
2014 E550-sold 😩
Try this. I found it in the archives. It appears your battery replacement may have triggered the warning. Worth a shot at least.

To turn off the SOS warning, shut off the engine and then turn the key back on. Then turn on the headlights and leave them on for two minutes. Then turn them off and turn off the key. The message may still there at the time but will be gone the next morning. It has to do with the brain box having a battery voltage question and by burning the headlights for two minutes, the brain box sees a voltage drop and records the new battery voltage.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:05 PM

Received 237 Likes on 164 Posts
W203 W212 W211 R53MCS
Did they say what is wrong with the module? If you don't use the TELEAID system, you can code it out of the central gateway. I have done for many of my customers. I just did it on my 2011 E350, it kept on setting a code for antenna connection so I just told the central gateway that it didn't have TELEAID. You would have to find a independent shop that has the ability to do this.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:55 AM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
E63 AMG S

Im going to the dealer to complain that under their possesion this happened while the car was there for a few weeks waiting for a new wheel, as was the battery draining ans going flat. Hopefully they will at least diagnosis it for free.. below are the codes i am getting

Originally Posted by MBENZTECH
Did they say what is wrong with the module? If you don't use the TELEAID system, you can code it out of the central gateway. I have done for many of my customers. I just did it on my 2011 E350, it kept on setting a code for antenna connection so I just told the central gateway that it didn't have TELEAID. You would have to find a independent shop that has the ability to do this.