WIS needed for the 3rd brake light and nozzle RnR - MBWorld.org Forums

Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W212)
WIS needed for the 3rd brake light and nozzle RnR >

WIS needed for the 3rd brake light and nozzle RnR

Notices
E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: 55tech

Old 02-08-2019, 01:24 AM

2013 E350 4matic wagon

Recently, we've had some heavy rain in SoCal and discovered that rain water is leaking in through a cracked 3rd brake light assy and or the rear fluid nozzle on the wagon S212.

Managed to get the part number on the EPC but struggled pulling up the WIS for the S212.

Is anyone kind enough to post the WIS for removing and replacing these two parts? Much appreciated.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:15 AM

2003 SL500, 2012 E350 4Matic P2

Sorry to say I came up empty as well. Made two attempts to locate specific instructions for your potential leak areas in WIS. I am usually able to ferret out obscure instructions but no luck this time. I see that the Center Brake light does require 3 screws #210 to fasten it with. It may also have a snap in feature as well or not. Nothing even close on the nozzle. Start with the cracked ***'y first and hope that is your problem.

Good luck,

Bob
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Rear Lighting E350 Wagon.pdf (59.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-10-2019, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
You know you can also buy a knock off copy of the WIS on eBay right? It's about $6.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Latest-2018...n/233007017471
Old 02-11-2019, 12:43 AM

2013 E350 4matic wagon
Originally Posted by cetialpha5 View Post
You know you can also buy a knock off copy of the WIS on eBay right? It's about $6.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Latest-2018...n/233007017471
Yes...I bought it last year. Just could not manage to pull up the WIS. Running the workshop manual really boggs down my processor.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:20 PM

2013 E350 4matic wagon
Sorry to say I came up empty as well. Made two attempts to locate specific instructions for your potential leak areas in WIS. I am usually able to ferret out obscure instructions but no luck this time. I see that the Center Brake light does require 3 screws #210 to fasten it with. It may also have a snap in feature as well or not. Nothing even close on the nozzle. Start with the cracked ***'y first and hope that is your problem.

Good luck,

Bob
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Bob for posting the EPC illustration. I was able to find that on my copy of the software. Need to sharpen my skills at pulling the WIS.

The latest is that the tech believes the3rd brake wire hardness was cracked allowing the two pin wire to fold up under the gasket and create a gap. He showed me that there are only three plastic trim panels all nested together in order leading up to the spoiler. All press fit fasteners. Requested that he not reinstall them and place in the trunk. Looked pretty basic to me.

Ordering the brake light as I don't know the plastic connector part number. Note item 903 is a "clutch" and supposedly NOT the broken connector. I am going to order it anyway because it is only a buck. Let you know.

Last edited by mercerized; 02-11-2019 at 01:23 PM.