E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

E350 Suddenly Went totally Dead - No Power at all

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
E350 Suddenly Went totally Dead - No Power at all

I took my 2012 E350 Bluetech in to get the tires rotated. They called me to pick it up. When I got there about 30 minutes later and went to drive home I found the car totally without power. No dome light, dash lightsa , power windows, power locks, no "click-click" when I try to start it. Nothing. The tire people brought a jumper out but it registered my relatively new battery as having full power and connecting the jumper did nothing. Something suddenly went very wrong. Don't think the tire people could have done anything even though the timing is strange. Doesn't seem like a key problem as there are no lights, no power to the windows and door locks, etc. Also doesn't seem like a battery problem as the battery is showing fully charged (and would not likely have gone from running fine when they parked the car to everything totally dead a half hour later). Anyway the car is now sitting it their parking lot. Before I call someone to tow it to a dealer I thought somebody here might have an idea or suggestion. Oh, I did check to make sure the battery cables are still connected and look to be in good condition.