E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Help needed with identifying fuses

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camry
Help needed with identifying fuses

Could you guys please help me out with my problem that I have described below ...
here are the urls used in the screen cap:
https://www.autozone.com/electrical-...-tap/32416_0_0
https://www.mbusa.com/content/dam/mb...n_Operator.pdf
Old 12-20-2019, 04:26 PM
fc3

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 E400 Sedan, 2018 E400 Cabriolet
Get the one for ATC fuses. I bought them from Amazon, about 10 for $9 or so.

I installed a dashcam in my 2016 E400 a month or so ago. Used the same fuse adapter. The downside there's a fusebox under the hood and in the trunk, not in the passenger compartment. I tapped fuses in the trunk and since I bought a dashcam with both front and rear facing camera, I needed to route one wire from aft to forward anyway.

It's not that difficult. However, there the side curtain airbag runs from the base of the A pillar, around the side windows and doors along the roofline and into the C pillar. I was concerned that in the event of an airbag deployment that the cables would either prevent proper inflation and positioning of the airbags or that the airbag would fling the cables around the passenger compartment.

Decided it was best to position the wiring away from the airbag. I removed the A pillar trim, the upper B pillar trim, the C pillar trim as well as the trim around the doors. Also removed the front and rear grab handles from the roof as well as the sun visors. I also removed the trim above the rear backlight to run the rear camera's wiring. Once that was out of the way, it was easy to tuck the two cables well away from the airbag.

I posted about the install, including a photo showing the airbag in the A pillar. I would have gotten more photos, but they didn't come out well. It was getting dark and I didn't want to stop to get the Speedlight for my 6D.

Last edited by fc3; 12-20-2019 at 04:55 PM.