E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Idles fine, but if I give it gas and let off of it, car RPMs drop low, almost dies

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 Mercedes Benz E320
Idles fine, but if I give it gas and let off of it, car RPMs drop low, almost dies

I need help, I have a 99 E320. Starting last night after I installed my aftermarket head unit and system in my car. I reconnected the battery cable and started it up. It stayed running while I was able to troubleshoot and double check everything was working. I will admit I messed with a couple fuses (next to the battery underneath the backseat) while the car was running,(In search for a better location to put my remote wire for my aftermarket amp). After about 20 min I figured everything out and was satisfied for the night. I went back out later and started it up and was about to drive off. Till I put it in reverse and the car almost died. So I put it back in park and noticed quickly, every time I give it some gas, and the RPMs decrease back down. It almost completely dies. And it’s almost like the voltage drops real low at that point. I turned off my radio. Disconnected my system completely. Still the same thing. It will idle just fine though and steady rpms. I’m not sure if what I did through that process may of messed something up, or if I pulled a fuse I shouldnt of while the car was running. I don’t know

if anyone could point me in the direction of what might be going on, or what I could troubleshoot. Or maybe even a link of the fuse box diagram next to my battery underneath the back seat is. It would be greatly appreciated, TIA
Old 01-13-2020, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,622 Likes on 1,191 Posts
2014 E550-sold 😩
This is the W212 section. You should post in the section of the site that covers your model and year for better response.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 167 Posts
16 E550 Cab, 2003 Ram bright red crewcab 4x4 we call Clifford :)
try posting in this section...

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w210-2/

Old 01-14-2020, 04:44 PM

W210 e320 1999
Originally Posted by Kyler
I need help, I have a 99 E320. Starting last night after I installed my aftermarket head unit and system in my car. I reconnected the battery cable and started it up. It stayed running while I was able to troubleshoot and double check everything was working. I will admit I messed with a couple fuses (next to the battery underneath the backseat) while the car was running,(In search for a better location to put my remote wire for my aftermarket amp). After about 20 min I figured everything out and was satisfied for the night. I went back out later and started it up and was about to drive off. Till I put it in reverse and the car almost died. So I put it back in park and noticed quickly, every time I give it some gas, and the RPMs decrease back down. It almost completely dies. And it’s almost like the voltage drops real low at that point. I turned off my radio. Disconnected my system completely. Still the same thing. It will idle just fine though and steady rpms. I’m not sure if what I did through that process may of messed something up, or if I pulled a fuse I shouldnt of while the car was running. I don’t know

if anyone could point me in the direction of what might be going on, or what I could troubleshoot. Or maybe even a link of the fuse box diagram next to my battery underneath the back seat is. It would be greatly appreciated, TIA

HI I have the same problem my car w210 e320 1999 first I think my be I have short in fuel pump because I drive in heavy water street, I send my car to dealer today and he don't know what the problem but he do on thing he disconnect the coolent sensor and now I can give gase for the car normally now he told me first lits change the coolent sensor and thermostat (I don't know why) what I am think there is some short in the system when I give gase its effict on fuel pump or gas puddle tommorow I will go to the garage to check if there is any short and take the car to another dealer because I don't trust Him he want me to change all sensor and water pump and thermostat I don't no whyyyyyyyyyy
Note pefore I don't have any temperature issu

If you know how to solve the problem please told me ( if I solve the issu first I will write it her)

Old 01-14-2020, 09:49 PM

Received 98 Likes on 67 Posts
2016 E350 Sport 2WD
Originally Posted by TAW Anime
HI I have the same problem my car w210 e320 1999 first I think my be I have short in fuel pump because I drive in heavy water street, I send my car to dealer today and he don't know what the problem but he do on thing he disconnect the coolant sensor and now I can give gas for the car normally now he told me 'first lets change the coolant sensor and thermostat' (I don't know why) what I am think there is some short in the system when I give gas its effect on fuel pump or gas puddle tomorrow I will go to the garage to check if there is any short and take the car to another dealer because I don't trust him. He want me to change all sensor and water pump and thermostat I don't no whyyyyyyyyyy
Note before I don't have any temperature issue.
If you know how to solve the problem please told me ( if I solve the issue first I will write it her)
If the dealer, or INDY, cannot prove that a part isn't working correctly, he should not be replacing the part. Fixing these modern cars requires testing, not guessing, to determine the actual problem. If your dealer thinks the CTS needs to be replaced, he should be able to test and find what is wrong with it, short to ground, short to voltage, circuit problem, etc.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:17 AM

W210 e320 1999
Originally Posted by Kyler

Today I take my car to another dealer and he check my car by scan tools and he check fuel pressure thin he told me I must Chang the air mass sensor ( acceleration sensor) and fuel pump and every thing OK now