E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Full ILS activated in my W212

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:52 AM

Received 382 Likes on 246 Posts
2012 E550 sedan 2019 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
That's good info - it is really difficult to film this in action, and there is very little official video of this system. Most searches will take you to the multibeams in the CLS, which is a different thing.

I still have not gotten around to testing to see if the brake lights do anything different in terms of adjusting brightness. I suspect this will not work in the US due to it being different hardware.

Were you coded for K11? it will show on your data card.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:51 PM

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
2016 S212 E400 RENNTech 345 whp/360 wtq
Originally Posted by need2speed
Ordered the ILS unlock module from Vladimir. Added AMG menu, ECO on-off, and AGILITY transmission mode. Will report back on results...
The module from Vladimir arrived in 2 days, but no surprise because it actually shipped from Ontario, Canada. Curious about that, will ask when I contact him because it did not work for me :-( Of the four features ordered, I could only access "Activate SA628 On/Off" which immediately gave me "Exception, see the logfile. Remove immediately". Apparently I have to dismantle the module and remove a microSD card to copy the logfile and send off to Vladimir for analysis. Will update as things progress...
Old 06-02-2020, 08:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 E550
The module from Vladimir arrived in 2 days, but no surprise because it actually shipped from Ontario, Canada. Curious about that, will ask when I contact him because it did not work for me :-( Of the four features ordered, I could only access "Activate SA628 On/Off" which immediately gave me "Exception, see the logfile. Remove immediately". Apparently I have to dismantle the module and remove a microSD card to copy the logfile and send off to Vladimir for analysis. Will update as things progress...

Dang it.....:-(
Old 06-02-2020, 08:52 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2016 S212
Just be patient. The man is the real deal in my experience. He deserves patience and cooperation. You will be rewarded with the feeling of watching the feature come alive for the first time.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
You couldn’t scroll through options? I had to send the log file to him after my install as well. He analyzed it to make sure everything was OK.

He is definitely the real deal.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ClasseMiaMadra
Just be patient. The man is the real deal in my experience. He deserves patience and cooperation. You will be rewarded with the feeling of watching the feature come alive for the first time.
Did you get yours?
Old 06-03-2020, 12:02 AM

2016 S212
Did you get yours?
Oh yes. But I had a dongle from before so I only needed the files. My delay was getting my hands on a small size SD card I am impressed with the way the system works on local roads. Looking forward to trying on highway in the rain at night.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:32 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 MBZ E350
Originally Posted by ClasseMiaMadra
Oh yes. But I had a dongle from before so I only needed the files. My delay was getting my hands on a small size SD card I am impressed with the way the system works on local roads. Looking forward to trying on highway in the rain at night.
Did you get a discount? If i have the dongle from vlad (carplay) can i just get the files as well from him or does he sell you a new dongle?
Old 06-03-2020, 08:50 AM

2016 S212
Originally Posted by Red-Town
Did you get a discount? If i have the dongle from vlad (carplay) can i just get the files as well from him or does he sell you a new dongle?
I saved on the cost of the dongle and the postage. I don't know however what makes this choice an option for me so I cannot know if this is a option for you.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:44 AM

You couldn’t scroll through options? I had to send the log file to him after my install as well. He analyzed it to make sure everything was OK.
He is definitely the real deal.
Very reassuring to hear. I had a microSD card adapter from my camera and was able to send Vladimir the logfile yesterday. He responded quickly and identified that I'd been sent a module with incorrect firmware. Unfortunately, as someone who is not a digital native, I found the update procedure to be incomprehensible. I've simply asked he send a new module and I'll send back what I received.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 138 Posts
W212 M276 DELA 30 ; W211 OM642 ; R107 M117, Sierra 1500 LZ0
I'm trying to understand if Agility simply means the transmission stays in the mode I had it in when I turned off the car after restart, or if it actually unlocks "Sport +" (my car only has comfort and sport, 2015 E400). I have the Q out to Vladimir but am curious if anyone knows otherwise?

From the W205 explanation: https://mbworld.org/how-tos/a/merced...t-modes-386959

General info: https://media.daimler.com/marsMediaS...ml?oid=9904428
Old 06-03-2020, 02:03 PM

Received 170 Likes on 112 Posts
2015 E250 Bluetec
I have successfully updated the firmware on my tuneOBD device with Vladimir’s guidance and activated ILS on my 2015 E250 Bluetec. I’ve already confirmed the additional functionality of the fog light.

I also successfully deleted the seatbelt warning chime and added agility mode. Very happy with Vladimir’s service.

Can’t wait to go for a test drive when it gets dark tonight!
Old 06-03-2020, 02:05 PM

2015 E250 Bluetec
Please note that you must use the back and forward track buttons and the “ON” button by the volume knob to select and run the programs. The Command knob does nothing on my car when the tuneOBD module is plugged in.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:53 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 E350 Sport Wagon
Need help with Vladimir's directions

I just received my ILS OBDII module for my 2016 W212 from Vladimir via his eBay listing (MERCEDES w213/w205/w166 ILS Dynamic HeadLight IHC Plus unlock at US/CA cars) after he verified that my VIN would accept the upgrade. I previously purchased the Apply CarPlay/Android Auto upgrade from Vladimir (eBay: MERCEDES COMAND Audio20 CarPlay+Android Auto OBD unlock activator 2016-2019 cars) which was easy to install and works great!

Can someone help me and other potential purchasers of his ILS OBDII by updating into standard English the following installation directions (text is verbatim) I received from Vladimir via email?
activation:
switch IGNITION position 2 (all cluster leds are ON but the motor is OFF)
wait minimum 60 seconds till audio head unit totally booted. MINIMUM 60
plug module to the diagnostic socket under the dash (also called OBD2)
observe your audio head unit screen for messages
use controller or << >> buttons to select the script: Step1:Save Backup to LOGFILE and confirm pressing the controller down or * star button
observe progress bar till you see: "remove the module now" - takes about 1 minute+
remove the module
plug is back
now select "Activation SA628 On/Revert"
observe progress bar till you see: "remove the module now" - takes about 1-3 minutes depending from the car model
(sometimes it seams that it freesed at certain perventage - just wait)
when succesful (message "Succesful SA628 On 1") - then remove the module and test IHC+ in the dark time

you need to run " Step1:Save Backup to LOGFILE " ONLY ONES
every time you run "Activation SA628 On/Revert" it changes the activation states:
Succesfull, SA628 On = IHC+ activated
Succesfull, factory status = factory codings (simple IHC = code 608)

possible issues:
when you see "Exception, see the logfile" - remove the module, open the box and send me the LOGFILE.LOG located at the microSD - then I let you know what is wrong and we fix this. When script finished succesful, but something does not work as expected - then also send me the logfile.
Here is the ILS activation video from his eBay listing which doesn't seem to match his above directions:

This is a photo of the microSD reader that also came with the ILS OBDII, which Vladimir said "this is the microSD reader it is necessary to read and write tuneOBD internal microSD memory car at the laptop
you might need this to send us the logfile or to update the box firmware when necessary"

Thanks in advance,
Longroof

Last edited by Longroof; 06-03-2020 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,125 Likes on 751 Posts
12 E350 4Matic 13 E350 4Matic AMG Sport
Originally Posted by S. Madman
IDK, will check, I really like that option, I also believe LB will get the dimming taillights with his package, but we'll have to wait and see. so K11 should show up on my build sheet? Is that the same as data card?
Old 06-03-2020, 03:56 PM

2015 E250 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Longroof
Can someone help me and other potential purchasers of his ILS OBDII by updating into standard English the following installation directions (text is verbatim) I received from Vladimir via email?
activation:
switch IGNITION position 2 (all cluster leds are ON but the motor is OFF)
wait minimum 60 seconds till audio head unit totally booted. MINIMUM 60
plug module to the diagnostic socket under the dash (also called OBD2)
observe your audio head unit screen for messages
use controller or << >> buttons to select the script: Step1:Save Backup to LOGFILE and confirm pressing the controller down or * star button
observe progress bar till you see: "remove the module now" - takes about 1 minute+
remove the module
plug is back
now select "Activation SA628 On/Revert"
observe progress bar till you see: "remove the module now" - takes about 1-3 minutes depending from the car model
(sometimes it seams that it freesed at certain perventage - just wait)
when succesful (message "Succesful SA628 On 1") - then remove the module and test IHC+ in the dark time

you need to run " Step1:Save Backup to LOGFILE " ONLY ONES
every time you run "Activation SA628 On/Revert" it changes the activation states:

possible issues:
when you see "Exception, see the logfile" - remove the module, open the box and send me the LOGFILE.LOG located at the microSD - then I let you know what is wrong and we fix this. When script finished succesful, but something does not work as expected - then also send me the logfile.
Thanks in advance,
Longroof
1) Press your start button twice WITHOUT putting your foot on the brake. This will activate all the dash lights, but not start the engine. If you do not have KEYLESS-GO, insert your key and turn to the second position without starting the engine.

2) Wait minimum of 60 seconds.

3) Plug the tuneOBD module into the diagnostic port. See images for location.
Originally Posted by Idklol69

4) Once your COMMAND screen changes, use << >> buttons by the volume knob or your COMMAND controller (the latter may or may not work) to select the option "Step1:Save Backup to LOGFILE" on the screen. Select it with the "ON" button by the volume knob.

5) Wait until you see "Remove the module now!!!" Remove the module.

6) Plug the module back in to the diagnostic port. Wait until your command screen changes. Again use << >> buttons until you see "Activation SA628 On/Revert". Select it with the volume knob.

7) Wait until you receive one of two messages:

A) "Succesful SA628 On 1" - You have successfuly activated the Intelligent Light System. REMOVE THE MODULE. Look in your "Lighting" menu to confirm the presence of the ILS On/Off option. Turn it on and test during a night test drive. Note that to test to adaptive highbeam functionality you must have the light switch in "Auto" and the left stalk depressed into the highbeam-on position.

B) "Exception, see the logfile" - Remove the module, open it by gently prying the module apart the two plastic pieces. A fingernail in the seam helps. Remove the internal MicroSD card, insert it into a reader attached to your computer, and email the LOGFILE.LOG to Vladimir.

Last edited by ccww; 06-03-2020 at 04:00 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by ccww:
Longroof (06-03-2020), Magicman09 (06-16-2020), manishjain24 (07-18-2020), pierrejoliat (06-03-2020), qmciver (02-04-2021)
Old 06-03-2020, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No I don't believe so, the only "K" I have is K15-no descriptor it says.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DubVBenz
I'm trying to understand if Agility simply means the transmission stays in the mode I had it in when I turned off the car after restart, or if it actually unlocks "Sport +" (my car only has comfort and sport, 2015 E400). I have the Q out to Vladimir but am curious if anyone knows otherwise?

From the W205 explanation: https://mbworld.org/how-tos/a/merced...t-modes-386959

General info: https://media.daimler.com/marsMediaS...ml?oid=9904428
No, according to Vlad he said he could not make the transmission stay in the mode after restart. It will always default to E.

Pressing the E/S button will cycle through E->S->A once you’ve unlocked it. A is the equivalent of sport+

This is not the same as Agility Select in the newer models. That’s a whole different thing.
The following users liked this post:
pierrejoliat (06-03-2020)
Old 06-03-2020, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by pierrejoliat
IDK, will check, I really like that option, I also believe LB will get the dimming taillights with his package, but we'll have to wait and see. so K11 should show up on my build sheet? Is that the same as data card?
I am not sure how to really even test the tail light thing. Isn’t K11 the flashing brake lights under hard braking? That is not what I was talking about in my post. I was just wondering aloud if the tail lights would vary brightness based on ambient light like in other countries. The reason I am not sure this will work in this country is because it is different hardware (unlike the headlights which are the same).
Old 06-03-2020, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by ccww
Please note that you must use the back and forward track buttons and the “ON” button by the volume knob to select and run the programs. The Command knob does nothing on my car when the tuneOBD module is plugged in.
Yes thanks, got that figured out when Vladimir sent additional instructions. So I was able to locate the four options and successfully install ECO on/off and AGILITY on/off, but the ILS and AMG menu both failed. Unable to update his firmware so might be a problem with my Mac writing to his SDcard. It was getting late at his end so we will continue tomorrow, perhaps with Teamviewer but I have to learn more about how secure that is.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes thanks, got that figured out when Vladimir sent additional instructions. So I was able to locate the four options and successfully install ECO on/off and AGILITY on/off, but the ILS and AMG menu both failed. Unable to update his firmware so might be a problem with my Mac writing to his SDcard. It was getting late at his end so we will continue tomorrow, perhaps with Teamviewer but I have to learn more about how secure that is.
I also primarily used a Mac and he said he thought he could make it work, but I decided to use a windows computer in the end for it just because there seemed to be some degree of uncertainty.

How is Agility mode?
Old 06-03-2020, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cool

I am not sure how to really even test the tail light thing. Isn’t K11 the flashing brake lights under hard braking? That is not what I was talking about in my post. I was just wondering aloud if the tail lights would vary brightness based on ambient light like in other countries. The reason I am not sure this will work in this country is because it is different hardware (unlike the headlights which are the same).
I'm not sure either, I was responding to Madman's question, Strobe style brake lights are all over Europe, they work every time you brake, the others on the newer cars strobe while emergency braking only and I believe part of your adding the ILS package should include dimming of the tailights at night, at least thats how I remember it from Spain. I was clearly more enamored with the strobe brake lights and didn't pay much attention, but do remember them dimming somewhat.

He indicated I needed to program this in {K-11} I have K-15 but don't have K-11 on my build sheet. I assume he meant K-11 was the strobe tailight function every time you brake.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:49 PM

Received 382 Likes on 246 Posts
2012 E550 sedan 2019 E63 Wagon
1. I haven't received my dongle, a little bummed but...
2. yes K11 is for ADAPTIVE STOP LIGHT FLASHING. Meaning you break hard after a certain high speed, and the lights flash.
3. My tailights change intensity if I change from fog lights to no fog lights, but not ambient.

If anyone gives me a year with model I can find a comparable vin, and see which codes are needed.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cool

1. I haven't received my dongle, a little bummed but...
2. yes K11 is for ADAPTIVE STOP LIGHT FLASHING. Meaning you break hard after a certain high speed, and the lights flash.
3. My tailights change intensity if I change from fog lights to no fog lights, but not ambient.

If anyone gives me a year with model I can find a comparable vin, and see which codes are needed.

Excellent, and thank you. for the response. I would like to have the strobe stop lights, they flash three times Everytime you brake I remember. Not just hard stops from speed.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:11 PM

2015 E250 Bluetec
Originally Posted by pierrejoliat
Excellent, and thank you. for the response. I would like to have the strobe stop lights, they flash three times Everytime you brake I remember. Not just hard stops from speed.
I am interested in this as well if anybody has clear info on how to accomplish.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Full ILS activated in my W212