E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

New to me 2011 212- some questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL
New to me 2011 212- some questions

1) What bulb type is in the inner parking light on p2 cars (E2e11) which includes the lighting pkg and xenons? It looks almost like a neon or argon. And the owners manual only references that the passenger side lamp uses infrared tech when equipped with night vision, but nothing about the bulb type. Is it led?

2) When you turn off the rear fog, the led drls do a flash and there's nothing about it in the owner's manual, but I swear it is working properly. As if it is trying to tell the car way ahead that the weather has cleared. Anyone know what this function is?

3) I tried the "send2benz" function on the mercedesme app to send a destination to the car, but nothing popped up when I started the car. (I have mbrace active and working). And I have no clue where to find the online destinations that were sent. A friend told me they show up in the previous destinations section, is that correct?

4) My car has the driver assistance package. Everything works as it should, but I'm confused about the "active" part of the lane keeping assist and blind spot assist. In the owner's manual, it says that if you ignore the warnings it will use the brakes to bring the car back into the lane or to avoid a blind spot collision. The dealer told me that my car doesn't do either of those, but in 2011, there was no simple lane tracking package which the refresh got which lacked the "active" functions of the full dap. When I read the press release from 2010, it doesn't talk about the active features at all, just that the steering wheel will vibrate and the typical blis behavior. So does my car have these active features or not? I'm getting two different stories.
Old 06-24-2020, 06:18 PM

Received 371 Likes on 279 Posts
2013 SL550 BiTurbo
1. It's an LED module
2. No idea, but I remember seeing another thread on this subject just a few days ago, try the search function
3. No clue...sorry
4. Not positive on the ADAP, but my car doesn't have any of that stuff, thank God...I can't stand all the Nannies...
Here is an article from 2010 explaining how it works: Driver Assist Package Article
Old 06-24-2020, 07:29 PM

GL
I tried to search for rear fog but nothing valuable came up. I even read the entire things you didn't know thread which was cool. The pcm reset seems interesting.

1. Sit on the driver's seat and close the door.

2. While keeping your feet off the pedals Turn key to position 2 (or press the start button twice on P2 cars). DO NOT start the car.

3. Floor the gas pedal and hold it in for 10 seconds.

4. While holding the gas pedal in turn key to position 1 (or press the start button once on P2 cars).

5. Release gas pedal and wait 2 minutes. Do not open door, just wait. Time it!
The actual time in my car is about 1 min 45 seconds. I know this as the speedo cluster lights up.

6. Turn key off.
Old 06-25-2020, 05:26 PM

GL
On my vmi it has listed:

23P Driver Assistance Pkg PLUS

233 Distronic PLUS Inc. Pre-Safe

237 Active Blind Spot Assist

238 Active Lane Keeping Assist

So it is supposed to have them. I'm actually shocked it had them for a 2011. This is from the owner's manual:

New to me 2011 212- some questions-i0xtzuk.jpg

New to me 2011 212- some questions-pyow1fw.jpg