2012 e550 air suspension issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 02:12 PM
gss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no benz yet
2012 e550 air suspension issue

My drivers front is on the ground and won't inflate. Other wheels would inflate(especially passenger rear and front), but the drivers rear wouldn move a lot. Today I noticed the pump would only run for about 15 seconds then shut off( it used to run longer). Took the cover off around the pump and there is a sizzling/ticking noise coming from it. That isn't normal is it? At first I thought it was the valve block, but now I'm not sure and don't want to throw parts at it guessing. I have a vid on my phone of the noise but don't know how to attach it.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:59 PM

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts
2011 E550 - 4Matic, 2008 ML550
My thoughts were if both are dropping together - the best place to start is the Valve block...as its prob dropping pressure to fronts...

If you continue to run the pump to raise up the car - you will burn out the piston -as it will get too hot...and thats going to cost a lot more...

Maybe others might have another place to start?

Cheers
JPC

Old 10-31-2020, 04:34 PM
gss

no benz yet
Thanks for the reply. That's what I was thinking, but as I said, the pump only runs for about 15 seconds now then cuts off. A few days ago before I moved it into the garage it would run around 30 and the front would raise slightly with the passenger side pretty much at max height. The dash would show a malfunction error for the ride height(white lettering), Now it shows the pull over ride too low in red.
Old 11-13-2020, 02:33 PM
gss

no benz yet
Update. Replaced valve block. Car raised up like it was supposed to. Went to check on it last night after getting home from work and it was down again. I'm thinking there is a leak in that strut, but I don't hear anything anywhere. Looks like I have more than 1 issue. Set the car for max height and will check height again tonight when I get home.
The following users liked this post:
pierrejoliat (11-13-2020)