E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Tire chain / cable recommendations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 02:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 E350
Tire chain / cable recommendations

There's been a few threads, but nothing I saw very definitive. For those of us who live in the western US, sometimes the DOT will require chains for driving through a mountain pass or other conditions. I Want to purchase something for that requirement. I don't do enough winter driving to justify winter tires.

I have staggered setup, so it looks 265/35R18 is supported for using chains / cables

Has anyone used some which worked? Most low profile use 15mm clearance for the inner part, so want to make sure whatever I buy won't rub or harm any of the suspension components.. It's super hard to get the spec for this clearance from MB.or a 3rd party.

Thank you
Old 11-06-2020, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,124 Likes on 750 Posts
12 E350 4Matic 13 E350 4Matic AMG Sport
Cool

Originally Posted by dawgfan
There's been a few threads, but nothing I saw very definitive. For those of us who live in the western US, sometimes the DOT will require chains for driving through a mountain pass or other conditions. I Want to purchase something for that requirement. I don't do enough winter driving to justify winter tires.

I have staggered setup, so it looks 265/35R18 is supported for using chains / cables

Has anyone used some which worked? Most low profile use 15mm clearance for the inner part, so want to make sure whatever I buy won't rub or harm any of the suspension components.. It's super hard to get the spec for this clearance from MB.or a 3rd party.

Thank you
My buddy in California swears by the Konig Easy Fit, I think they're made by Thule.