Battery issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2020, 04:27 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 E400
Battery issues

2016 E 400 Sedan.

I've posted several times last year regarding odd issues with our E400 that we purchased used last September. The gremlins commenced last fall when the cold weather arrived. Car wouldn't always shift into park, necessitating opening the door when parked to shift the transmission into park. The ECO function didn't work at all until until well into the warm weather of spring. The car always started well all winter, even on the coldest days.

The battery is original, and we had absolutely no issues whatsoever all summer this year. Park button worked flawlessly, ECO worked, no weird gremlins.

Last night was the first cold night, -12c and this morning when I started the car there was a barrage of warning messages regarding the rear lights, center brake light etc. Interestingly, the rear fog light was on despite me not pushing the switch. Car was fine after I shut if off and restarted it 5 minutes later.

Bottom line, I'm going to buy a new battery. I'm convinced that a battery in a car with so many electrical loads like all the newer luxury cars up here in Canada is on borrowed time at the 3 year mark.

Dave
Old 11-19-2020, 04:39 PM

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
2011 Mercedes-Benz E550 4Matic
Sounds like you know what you’re doing. My battery was pulling 9 volts on a cold start in the beginning of the fall and I changed it to an oem mb battery and everything is good as new now
The following users liked this post:
pierrejoliat (11-21-2020)