E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

AMG Speedshift MTC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2022, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Various

AMG SpeedShift MCT

Mercedes-AMG developed the 7-speed MCT "Multi Clutch Technology" planetary automatic transmission.

The MCT transmission is essentially the 7G-Tronic automatic transmission without a torque converter. Instead of a torque converter, it uses a compact wet startup clutch to launch the car from a stop and also supports computer-controlled double-clutching. The MCT (Multi-Clutch Technology) acronym refers to a planetary (automatic) transmission's multiple clutches and bands for each gear.[9]

not the same but coding is 722.9
The speedshift MCT is fitted with four drive modes: “C” (Comfort), “S” (Sport), “S+” (Sport plus) and “M” (Manual) and boasts 100 millisecond shifts in "M" and "S+" modes. MCT-equipped cars are also fitted with the new AMG DRIVE UNIT with an innovative Race Start function. The AMG DRIVE UNIT is the central control unit for the AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 7-speed sports transmission and all driving dynamics functions. The driver can change gears either using the selector lever or by nudging the steering-wheel shift paddles. The new Race start Function is a launch control system that enables the driver to call on maximum acceleration while ensuring optimum traction of the driven wheels.

It is available on the 2009 SL 63 AMG and E63 AMG, and will be used for the 2011 S 63 AMG and CL 63 AMG, and the 2012 CLS 63 AMG and C 63 AMG.

Compulsory on the 2014 AMG CLS63 and E63 models, as well as their "S--Model" variants. Improved with the release of the 2015 model year, by decreasing the lag time between shifts. Also available on the 2012 C300 Sport 4matic with AMG package.
Old 03-25-2022, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Various
I do on 3 of my Mercedes Benz, but also was available on the 2012 C300 Sport 4matic AMG package still uses the 722.9 code, but not the same transmission as the other C300 .as you can read below.

AMG SpeedShift MCT

Mercedes-AMG developed the 7-speed MCT "Multi Clutch Technology" planetary automatic transmission.

The MCT transmission is essentially the 7G-Tronic automatic transmission without a torque converter. Instead of a torque converter, it uses a compact wet startup clutch to launch the car from a stop and also supports computer-controlled double-clutching. The MCT (Multi-Clutch Technology) acronym refers to a planetary (automatic) transmission's multiple clutches and bands for each gear.[9]

The MCT is fitted with four drive modes: “C” (Comfort), “S” (Sport), “S+” (Sport plus) and “M” (Manual) and boasts 100 millisecond shifts in "M" and "S+" modes. MCT-equipped cars are also fitted with the new AMG DRIVE UNIT with an innovative Race Start function. The AMG DRIVE UNIT is the central control unit for the AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 7-speed sports transmission and all driving dynamics functions. The driver can change gears either using the selector lever or by nudging the steering-wheel shift paddles. The new Race start Function is a launch control system that enables the driver to call on maximum acceleration while ensuring optimum traction of the driven wheels.

It is available on the 2009 SL 63 AMG and E63 AMG, and will be used for the 2011 S 63 AMG and CL 63 AMG, and the 2012 CLS 63 AMG and C 63 AMG.

Compulsory on the 2014 AMG CLS63 and E63 models, as well as their "S--Model" variants. Improved with the release of the 2015 model year, by decreasing the lag time between shifts.
Old 03-25-2022, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,128 Likes on 754 Posts
12 E350 4Matic 13 E350 4Matic AMG Sport
[QUOTE=oneemotiva;8534817]Actually your Mechanic is wrong. Only the Sport with the AMG package has the Mercedes AMG Speed shift MCT 7 speed. Example if you own a 2012 C300 Sport 4matic with the AMG package then you would have that transmission, and if you wanted to spend the money you could add the steering wheels with the pads and they would work, but would not in any other C300.

Interesting, when I did my Transmission fluid change, I drained a torque converter. On my '13 with AMG sport package. Not AN AMG car just a E350 fourmatic with " AMG Appearance Package". Maybe we are saying the same thing?

My mechanic, 30 years at my Benz dealer said I had a TCT not a MCT and that is the transmission he was saying " They all had" After I showed him this build sheet which he said was wrong.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
WDD2120881A743041.pdf (135.4 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by pierrejoliat; 03-25-2022 at 09:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
KEY08 (03-26-2022)