E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

About replacing serpentine belt,

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2022, 09:56 PM

Received 113 Likes on 60 Posts
560SL, 380SL, E350
My primary concern about this belt was age (9 years), not miles. I don't have an appropriate gauge but Eyeball + Finger 1.0 told me that the ridges felt different and the material was "dry". Not advocating premature replacement of parts here, but most of these consumable items have time components. and with my luck, I would other wise experience failure either in the winter or while on vacation

I will be replacing the spark plugs (Bosch,with the appropriate indexing/torquing) soon, again, not because of miles, but because of a very bad experience that I had years ago with a steel spark plug and aluminum head with a lot of years and not many miles on the plug. I barely dodged a bullet on that one, barely getting the threaded barrel out with an EZ-out type remover and a lot of PB blaster and sweat. This doesn't SEEM to be a problem on MB vehicles, though...I intend to use a -tiny- dab of anti-seize on the plugs.

EDIT: Further reading has changed my mind about indexed plugs and anti-seize, in this case I’m not doing it. Maybe I’ve been reading too many stories about the infamous Ford engines and plugs.

Last edited by strife; 05-11-2022 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Modification on anti-seize use
Old 05-11-2022, 10:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,952 Likes on 3,109 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Yes, MB and Ford are not equivalent. You probably already knew that. No anti-seize on torque-to-index spark plugs.