E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

E350 aux not playing through all speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
E350 aux not playing through all speakers

Hi, I am hoping someone on here can help me. I have a 2009 E350. I have been using the aux cable with Bluetooth transmitter for a while now but recently the sound has only coming out the back speakers and no sub. I changed the Bluetooth transmitter which didn’t fix the issue, also changed the 3.5mm lead and the glovebox lead all without managing to fix the issue. When the headphone jack is slightly disconnected from the transmitter the sound goes to the front with sub, but never all the speakers. I just cannot work out the issue, has anyone else had this issue? Would really appreciate advice? Thanks.
Old 02-16-2022, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,434 Likes on 2,289 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
you have replaced your iPhone cord to glovebox Media Input but the sound still won't play through all speakers, correct?

> Can you test if your issue is limited to that external input only -or ALL internal sources are as bad regardless ?

​​​​​
Any luck to tweak (Stereo > DSP) options through your COMAND Menus?
Old 02-18-2022, 12:00 AM

E350
Originally Posted by CaliBenzDriver
you have replaced your iPhone cord to glovebox Media Input but the sound still won't play through all speakers, correct?

> Can you test if your issue is limited to that external input only -or ALL internal sources are as bad regardless ?

​​​​​
Any luck to tweak (Stereo > DSP) options through your COMAND Menus?
Yes that’s correct, I have change all external wiring including iPhone cord to glovebox to see if that was the issue.

It only happens on Aux, CD and Radio are fine and play through all speakers.

I have gone in the stereo settings and have changed the settings I can find. If I send all sound to the front there is no sound at all.

Do you think I am missing anything? I fear it is a internal wiring issue with the aux connection maybe behind the glovebox.
Old 02-18-2022, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,434 Likes on 2,289 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
missing Fronts SPK..

Originally Posted by Sharman555
Yes that’s correct, I have change all external wiring including iPhone cord to glovebox to see if that was the issue.

It only happens on Aux, CD and Radio are fine and play through all speakers.

I have gone in the stereo settings and have changed the settings I can find. If I send all sound to the front there is no sound at all.

Do you think I am missing anything? I fear it is a internal wiring issue with the aux connection maybe behind the glovebox.
With these inputs I think I can side with your idea your media interface has bad solderless connectors pins.

Pull your glovebox and open up the media interface module for a free fix.
Go from there...

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 02-18-2022 at 03:00 AM.
Old 02-18-2022, 01:21 AM

E350
I will remove the glovebox and have a look. Thanks for your reply 👍🏼