E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Parking lights out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2022, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 sedan
Parking lights out

Wife hit a pothole and now both front parking lights are out, everything else works including turn signals. I pulled pass bulb (cause it was easy to get to) and both sets of pins passed continuity tests. Searches here lead me to believe there is not a fuse for just parking lights. Maybe a ground but not familiar enough with MB platform to know where to start looking for one that would effect both lights. Looking for some direction as to where to start. Thanks
Old 03-15-2022, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,448 Likes on 2,297 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
Welcome to MB's simplicity....

Originally Posted by ChimpwithWrench
Wife hit a pothole and now both front parking lights are out, everything else works including turn signals.
I pulled pass bulb (cause it was easy to get to) and both sets of pins passed continuity tests. Searches here lead me to believe there is not a fuse for just parking lights.
Maybe a ground but not familiar enough with MB platform to know where to start looking for one that would effect both lights. Looking for some direction as to where to start. Thanks
Pothole killed pkg lts!
Lucky she didn't crack a rim and blow a tire to waste!

Every car HL options are very specific, I'd say pull your schematic matching your VIN, then start probing the DC power using the schematic.

Don't be surprised about both L+R sides working in tandem. HL issues get tricky really quick !

I am going to guess something's gone wrong with the control module either hardware or software. Try a simple reset with a sofisticated Xentry if electricals check out ok. Hopefully it was just a random loose connection event.

Problem could be happening in the systems ahead of headlights themselves (Lt sensr, Lt Sw, fSAM, ...)
🤞

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 03-15-2022 at 02:09 AM.
Old 03-15-2022, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 sedan
Originally Posted by CaliBenzDriver
Pothole killed pkg lts!
Lucky she didn't crack a rim and blow a tire to waste!

Every car HL options are very specific, I'd say pull your schematic matching your VIN, then start probing the DC power using the schematic.

Don't be surprised about both L+R sides working in tandem. HL issues get tricky really quick !

I am going to guess something's gone wrong with the control module either hardware or software. Try a simple reset with a sofisticated Xentry if electricals check out ok. Hopefully it was just a random loose connection event.

Problem could be happening in the systems ahead of headlights themselves (Lt sensr, Lt Sw, fSAM, ...)
🤞
Took the tire 5 days to be noticeably low on air so I wouldn't be surprised if the rim had a hairline crack, verdict is still out on that.

Where can i find a wiring schematic based on my vin?

Going to have to dive in a little deeper into info about control module and xentry. My knowledge is limited to GM and and pre 1990 cars.
Old 03-15-2022, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,448 Likes on 2,297 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
schematic sources...

the mostly accurate schematics are located in the WIS database available for download via eBay.
If you need quick access, subscribe to proprietary services from good old classic Mitchell or AllData.

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 03-15-2022 at 08:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
pierrejoliat (03-16-2022)
Old 03-16-2022, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,449 Likes on 2,605 Posts
2014 - W212.065 - E400 ( M276.820, 3 liter Turbo) RWD not Hybrid
Originally Posted by ChimpwithWrench

Where can i find a wiring schematic based on my vin?
This here has Front SAM N10/1 and engine computer N3/10 wiring schematic https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post8388077
Use any mercedes VIN encoder to know what options you car has as per Data Card and then start at N10/1 and sort out which one fits your car.
Finding a suitable wiring schematic based on VIN is not an automatic process in MB WIS/EPC program, it is still manual and take a bit of work.

The following users liked this post:
pierrejoliat (03-18-2022)