S212 internal malfunction in suspension ECU

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S212 OM642 4M -10
S212 internal malfunction in suspension ECU

Hi.
My car, S212 350CDI 4M -2010 without airmatic, has given couple times error code "620C00 State: Current. There is an internal fault in control module Suspension". Star says only replace ecu and nothing more.
I tried to find information from the google with this problem but haven't found any. Once Malfunction -message came to screen but it went away just by pushing ok.

Star also gave another code but I have understand it's some ghost error and it's mean nothing. "A19116 State: Historic. The power supply of circuit 30g is outside the valid range. The limit value for electrical voltage has not been attanained."

Part number for this ECU is A2125406462. There seems to be many used ECUs on ebay so if I have to replace it, it isn't expensive.

Does anybody else have this same problem?
Old 06-28-2022, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,335 Likes on 2,219 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
self-leveling airmatic

Star says Airmatic module needs replacement!

> You noted low-power in 30G. Have a physical look for water damage around the trunk.
Physically check that module has Power/GND and harness connector is serviceable.

> Does module communicate ? Use Star to exercise compressor, valves, height sensor.

> There's a chance module is not wasted and just needs attention. Let your diagnostic tell you if the controller needs replacement or Power + CAN.
Old 06-29-2022, 02:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S212 OM642 4M -10
Originally Posted by CaliBenzDriver
Star says Airmatic module needs replacement!

> You noted low-power in 30G. Have a physical look for water damage around the trunk.
Physically check that module has Power/GND and harness connector is serviceable.

> Does module communicate ? Use Star to exercise compressor, valves, height sensor.

> There's a chance module is not wasted and just needs attention. Let your diagnostic tell you if the controller needs replacement or Power + CAN.
I have no problems with the car except that Suspension malfunction, which have came twice. Star and my iCarsoft reader can connect Suspension and read all values. "Malfunction" -message just came twice to screen and it went away by pushing OK -button.

I asked of that "A19116 State: Historic. The power supply of circuit 30g is outside the valid range. The limit value for electrical voltage has not been attanained." -error from the MB service and they said it's just some "ghost error" and nothing serious. Like I said, otherwise the car is working fine, but I'm wondering that ECU problem, you can't find nothing from the internet when try to google it. Maybe I buy a used one from ebay and change it.

I'll check the trunk and front passenger floor/wall because the ECU for the rear self-levelling system must be in there.