E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

AC will not recharge after system was evacuated. How do I kick on the compressor?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 02:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 Blutec
AC will not recharge after system was evacuated. How do I kick on the compressor?

So accidently overfilled the system. AC cut off not won’t turn back on. I don’t have a scan tool and tried disconnecting the batteries. No luck. I tried putting the car in diagnostic mode and same no luck. I have heard of putting the key in on position and holding the gas down for 5 sec then shut off the car while holding the pas pedal. Will this work? Will this erase AC trouble codes?
Old 07-17-2022, 03:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,481 Likes on 2,320 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
hot summer

Why do you say circuit won't recharge after evacuation, no clutch/spinning? Bad sensor ?

Gather your tools for this job:
  1. A/C gauge set with low/high side
  2. OBDII scanner with data mode

Avoid messing with pedal reset and A/C overfills. You'd rather be underfilled than overfilled. Here less is better for easier compression under high heat/pressure. I pretty sure you're not going to weigh your gas load

> Scanner reading:
The A/C favorite is the pressure limits sensor getting bad... I guess they use the sensor contacts to cycle compressor clutch directly instead of a SAM relay ..? Replace or bypass it for your system testing.

Compressor will spin once given all it needs unless AAC Module worked out couple codes.
🤞

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 07-17-2022 at 04:52 AM.