E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Map update New Zealand

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2022, 01:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 E250 CDI
Map update New Zealand

Has anyone updated the satnav map on a E 250 in New Zealand? The dealership cannot update past 2017.

Old 10-03-2022, 08:40 AM

Received 81 Likes on 46 Posts
2010 Mercedes E350 Base Sedan
Maps aren't updated perpetually for older hardware so a better investment might be to augment the COMAND unit with something that uses your mobile device - "Apple CarPlay + Android Auto", or Android-everything.

The "Apple CarPlay + Android Auto" has a few models/versions. Some use your existing monitor. Others replace your monitor with a touchscreen. They're less expensive than Android-everything and have less overhead when starting up.

I got an Android-everything unit. I primarily use the Apple CarPlay option, so it would have been nicer to get the CarPlay-only unit - because it takes a while for the Android-everything unit to boot, find the phone, and start CarPlay. A CarPlay-only unit would get straight to business. I do have a larger screen now.

Search for "W212 Android" and carefully identify a compatible model based on RHD/LHD, NTG version, pre/post facelift, etc.

Installation was easier than I expected. Get something with reputable customer support from a vendor that provides customer protections. I paid extra to get mine from Amazon because returning a dropship from China is an expensive pain. I have had ebay purchases ship from my country that provide a return address in China so beware.

The following users liked this post:
biker349 (10-03-2022)