E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

W212 E350 (2010) No sound from speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes E350 4matic
W212 E350 (2010) No sound from speakers

My car all of a sudden had no sound coming from the speakers but everything else seemed to be running fine, head unit has full functionality with the only issue in the system being no sound, no blown fuses including the one on the back of the head unit, my issue ended up being the Sirius xm receiver in the trunk right next to the amp and the left tail light, SOUND DOES NOT COME BACK IMMEDIATELY. I tried unplugging the battery and resetting the command unit but nothing changed, I left the receiver in and locked the car, came back about 30 minutes later and I had sound, fair warning that people will tell you that it’s the amp and I tried a different amp but still nothing, I found no threads with my same issue so hopefully this helps!!!! Before you buy anything the command unit will tell you the Sirius xm device is unavailable in the audio section if you choose it as your input, command unit will also run a self diagnosis.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,651 Likes on 2,428 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
Crashed Satellite module jams sound loop...

Originally Posted by Sixela606
My car all of a sudden had no sound coming from the speakers but everything else seemed to be running fine, head unit has full functionality with the only issue in the system being no sound, no blown fuses including the one on the back of the head unit, my issue ended up being the Sirius xm receiver in the trunk right next to the amp and the left tail light, SOUND DOES NOT COME BACK IMMEDIATELY. I tried unplugging the battery and resetting the command unit but nothing changed, I left the receiver in and locked the car, came back about 30 minutes later and I had sound, fair warning that people will tell you that it’s the amp and I tried a different amp but still nothing, I found no threads with my same issue so hopefully this helps!!!! Before you buy anything the command unit will tell you the Sirius xm device is unavailable in the audio section if you choose it as your input, command unit will also run a self diagnosis.
This is great info.

Do you think you could show couple pics to guide users without sound.

It sounds like the SAT is not initializing correctly and the Head waiting forever on device enumerations.

I believe MB supplier issued a software patch to correct that condition... to the dealer you go get it. Double-check around.

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 10-05-2022 at 08:46 PM.
Old 10-06-2022, 01:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,446 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
Telematics software update was released, see attached bulletin.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LI82.85-P-054716_Ver_4.pdf (33.8 KB, 88 views)
The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (10-06-2022)