E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

E350 Bluetec been at dealer 1+ month, MB bluetec fraud/settlement no end in sight.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2022, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E350 Bluetec
Angry E350 Bluetec been at dealer 1+ month, MB bluetec fraud/settlement no end in sight.

Hello MBWorld Forums. I created a new name because I wanted to remain anonymous. You might guess why after reading this.

For years I have tried to get my W212 E350 Bluetec fixed and claim the settlement money for the fraudulent garbage pulled. To say this has been difficult would be an understatement. No dealerships would even make an appointment to have this done, always had an excuse or something. That is not the point of why I am writing today. Finally a dealer took my car with an appointment over a month ago. It will be 1 month and 1 week Thursday 11/3. I was told on the phone that this could be a 2-3 day job, which I was fine with. Upon arrival at the dealership, I was told 2-3 weeks! Whoa major discrepancy already. I agree with the hopes it would be closer to two weeks than three. Fast forward to today. When inquiring as to what the hell is going on, I am only told they are hoping to get the parts ordered soon! What? They haven't been ordered already before my appointment? I am told I will get more information and am never told anything else, time and time again. I am pissed off and that's putting it mildly. I want my car back, I need my car back. Has anyone had a similar experience? I have already talked to a few lawyers. I am planning to go after MB USA for this and possibly the local dealer. I have been paying for a rental car this entire time. I love my Mercedes, but this entire process has really got me thinking I will never buy another one. Once the car is a few years old it seems like you are just another problem for them.
Old 10-29-2022, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,336 Likes on 2,220 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
Who ever advised you to go after MBUSA may have misguided you. Dealerships are independent entities.

Plan B: the dealer claims "part shortage"...
Inquire what part numbers are involved and FedEx them yourself for $50.

The part shortage struggle is organized locally by regions. Source your parts in a different region!!

I just got done dealing with this nonsense... it took me couple days to find the genuine warehouse that overnights 100% of every parts. On the Westcoast everything is backordered with no ETA, on Eastcoast it's free shipping or overnight... zero problem!

BTW: what does the dealer diagnosed to be wrong with your car??

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 10-30-2022 at 12:07 AM.
Old 10-30-2022, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,384 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Dealers are well known to fill their schedule holes with AEM jobs they hold on the yard just for that.
The only way to motive them to work better is taking a loaner on their wallet.
When I was doing AEM, I made a request and 2 months later the dealer called me when they had part in hands.
For dealer screwing the job, in USA you can call national hotline.
You will also find on forum email to Shelby from the law firm, who is handling the settlement.
Tons of experiences posted in adequate diesel section.
I keep scratching my head, where is the fraud in all of this?

Last edited by kajtek1; 10-30-2022 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-30-2022, 11:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by CaliBenzDriver
Who ever advised you to go after MBUSA may have misguided you. Dealerships are independent entities.
Plan B: the dealer claims "part shortage"...
Inquire what part numbers are involved and FedEx them yourself for $50.
The part shortage struggle is organized locally by regions. Source your parts in a different region!!
I just got done dealing with this nonsense... it took me couple days to find the genuine warehouse that overnights 100% of every parts. On the Westcoast everything is backordered with no ETA, on Eastcoast it's free shipping or overnight... zero problem!
BTW: what does the dealer diagnosed to be wrong with your car??
I just told a lawyer friend of mine about what was going on and stated I wanted to go after MB USA for this. Not speaking to someone on the record or anything like that yet. Who pays for the parts once you found them? Dealer has not diagnosed anything. So I have no idea.

Originally Posted by kajtek1
Dealers are well known to fill their schedule holes with AEM jobs they hold on the yard just for that.
The only way to motive them to work better is taking a loaner on their wallet.
When I was doing AEM, I made a request and 2 months later the dealer called me when they had part in hands.
For dealer screwing the job, in USA you can call national hotline.
You will also find on forum email to Shelby from the law firm, who is handling the settlement.
Tons of experiences posted in adequate diesel section.
I keep scratching my head, where is the fraud in all of this?
They would not give me a loaner. If I had one, it would have about 5k miles more on it. I am calling the national hotline tomorrow. I have emailed the lawfirm handling the case and they have "reached out to MB and someone will contact me" that was 2.5 weeks ago. Where is the fraud? MB committed massive amounts of fraud against the entire world with their flat out lies about the emissions of the diesel systems with various system in place to bypass and fake out government testing.
Old 10-31-2022, 01:09 AM

Received 199 Likes on 113 Posts
2015 ML400 4MATIC, 2014 E350 4MATIC, 2006 E350
Hi,

Im assuming this is for the field measure for your OM642 aka Diesel Gate Recall. Technically the vehicle is still drivable and the dealer should have NOT taken the vehicle; hence why they probably did not give you a loaner as well.

I had the run around for blind spot sensors till the dealer confessed they are on back order with no ETA. My local dealer here in Toronto, ON have field measure appointments backed up to April of 2023.

I personally think the dealer is at fault for giving you such as “fast” turn around time, only to do this to you. You shouldn’t need to pay for the rental, I’d bring this up with the service manager at the dealer your car is with first, then escalate with MBUSA.

There are more diesels up here in Canada, hence why are booking times are different. But to note* there are a lot of parts on back order for diesels at the moment. The dealer you brought it to should have been up front with this.
Old 10-31-2022, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,384 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Originally Posted by E350D
,,,, MB committed massive amounts of fraud against the entire world with their flat out lies about the emissions of the diesel systems with various system in place to bypass and fake out government testing.
None of that was proved, or admitted, so this is just your opinion.
As for the loaner, the settlement also provides for your cost associated with AEM. Meaning if you have long drive to the dealer, you can get fuel cost reimbursed. Same with loaner, but since that is like 6 hr job, it might get tricky.
Since dealer is not cooperating, I would talk to hotline and law firm about it.