E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Wood trim extended warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2024, 06:45 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2011 E350 Bluetec; 2015 ML250 Bluetec; (formerly 2007 E320 Blutec)
Originally Posted by E320BLUETEC
I am going through this as we speak. The dealer that MBUSA recommended is clueless and diddled around telling me that the wood is backordered - now that 5 months wasted has knocked me down one level on the settlement. I talked to another dealer yesterday that ordered it and it will be replaced next week. I am asking MBUSA to step in and give me credit for starting the process while I was still in the higher coverage.
Mercedes Benz of San Antonio ordered it by starting a repair order and following the warranty instructions and got it installed the next week. I ended up paying 70% even though I brought it in for inspection when it was at the 50% level. I wish MBUSA had recommended MB of SA instead of the previous dealer who diddled around and didn't have a clue (Mercedes Benz of Boerne TX). Based on this experience I wouldn't let MB of Boerne service my lawn mower, even though they are 20 miles closer.

On the positive side the wood looks great and looks like it should have - like all previous models looked. Mercedes Benz should be ashamed at how they have handled this and denied it for years now. I had a much better expectation of their company. This experience will definitely cause me to pause when it comes time to choose which car I buy next time. I have toured the MB Museum and the factory in Germany and have been a loyal customer. I will let everyone that will listen know what a fine job that MB of San Antonio did once they were brought in, but what a horrible job MBUSA did all the way through the process and how completely inept Mercedes Benz of Boerne is, Chris Forbes in particular. Their customer service as well as MBUSA's should be a complete embarrassment to the corporation - but sadly it isn't or they would actually do something about it.
Old 07-09-2024, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 E350 4matic sport sedan
Wood Trim Replacement Nightmare!

I have a 2013 E350 sport sedan that just hit 100k. The car is paid off and is garage kept. Since I have a take home work vehicle, I average only 3 to 5k miles a year on the Mercedes. I recently had the maintenance along with a cylinder head gasket seal replacement done. After that, I spent about 20 hours doing paint correction, wax, & full detail. I got the car to near perfect condition considering it's age and mileage. The only thing needed was the faded burl walnut wood trim replaced. In mid-May, I took the car to Valley Motors Mercedes Benz dealership in Hunt Valley, MD. I told them that I would like the wood trim replaced. I was told under the warranty, I would have to cover 30% of the cost and was given an estimate of $975.00. I agreed and gave the go ahead for the work. I was told the parts are on back order and should arrive in about 2 weeks. It took about 5 weeks for the parts to arrive. I dropped my car back off on Monday June 24th. I received a message later that day stating that one of the parts was wrong and was re-ordered. On Wednesday I received a message that the part should arrive Friday June 28th. On Tuesday July 2nd, I reached out to my service advisor to get a follow up on the status of my car. He said that the part should on arrive on Friday July 5th. I asked what happened to Friday June 28th? Why has the part taken a week longer? He replied that they are looking into it. On July 5th I received a message stating that the part should arrive Saturday July 6th or Monday July 8th at the latest. Now, today I received a message stating that they are having continued problems with receiving the wrong parts and the correct part should be in this Wednesday July 10th. My patience is coming to an end. I have been waiting since mid-May to get this done and the dealership has had my car going on 3 weeks now because they apparently can source a interior trim piece. Given the fact that they apparently received the wrong part 3 times now. I don't really have any faith that my part will now arrive 2 days after a re-order, when apparently they are on consistent back order and wouldn't be surprised if the part is incorrect again. I am seriously thinking about just getting my car back and ordering the wood trim kit myself. It is nice to know after spending 20 hours on a full detail of the car it now sits out in their lot weeks on end getting rained on and sitting in 100° heat.
Has anybody else had issues with the dealership unable to source the burl walnut wood trim pieces? Can anybody explain how or why their parts source will consistently keep sending the wrong part? I am kinda at a loss on what to do next.
Old 07-12-2024, 11:20 AM

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4XE, 2012 E550 4Matic
Originally Posted by glenglen
I have a 2013 E350 sport sedan that just hit 100k. The car is paid off and is garage kept. Since I have a take home work vehicle, I average only 3 to 5k miles a year on the Mercedes. I recently had the maintenance along with a cylinder head gasket seal replacement done. After that, I spent about 20 hours doing paint correction, wax, & full detail. I got the car to near perfect condition considering it's age and mileage. The only thing needed was the faded burl walnut wood trim replaced. In mid-May, I took the car to Valley Motors Mercedes Benz dealership in Hunt Valley, MD. I told them that I would like the wood trim replaced. I was told under the warranty, I would have to cover 30% of the cost and was given an estimate of $975.00. I agreed and gave the go ahead for the work. I was told the parts are on back order and should arrive in about 2 weeks. It took about 5 weeks for the parts to arrive. I dropped my car back off on Monday June 24th. I received a message later that day stating that one of the parts was wrong and was re-ordered. On Wednesday I received a message that the part should arrive Friday June 28th. On Tuesday July 2nd, I reached out to my service advisor to get a follow up on the status of my car. He said that the part should on arrive on Friday July 5th. I asked what happened to Friday June 28th? Why has the part taken a week longer? He replied that they are looking into it. On July 5th I received a message stating that the part should arrive Saturday July 6th or Monday July 8th at the latest. Now, today I received a message stating that they are having continued problems with receiving the wrong parts and the correct part should be in this Wednesday July 10th. My patience is coming to an end. I have been waiting since mid-May to get this done and the dealership has had my car going on 3 weeks now because they apparently can source a interior trim piece. Given the fact that they apparently received the wrong part 3 times now. I don't really have any faith that my part will now arrive 2 days after a re-order, when apparently they are on consistent back order and wouldn't be surprised if the part is incorrect again. I am seriously thinking about just getting my car back and ordering the wood trim kit myself. It is nice to know after spending 20 hours on a full detail of the car it now sits out in their lot weeks on end getting rained on and sitting in 100° heat.
Has anybody else had issues with the dealership unable to source the burl walnut wood trim pieces? Can anybody explain how or why their parts source will consistently keep sending the wrong part? I am kinda at a loss on what to do next.
Did they say which part they are waiting on? The 17 piece set (if they're doing a full replacement) is one part, unless they'll ordering all of the pieces individually. I've seen several members get the run around from their service advisors on these parts coming in.
Old 07-12-2024, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 E350 4matic sport sedan
Originally Posted by MDPensfan
Did they say which part they are waiting on? The 17 piece set (if they're doing a full replacement) is one part, unless they'll ordering all of the pieces individually. I've seen several members get the run around from their service advisors on these parts coming in.
The dealership finally finished the wood trim retrofit on July 11th & I picked the car today on the 12th. I will say that I am happy & impressed with the final result. Looking at the deep rich look of the new wood trim, I didn't realize just how bad the condition was on the old trim. I wish I had some before & after photos.
Yes, the dealership was ordering the kit by individual pieces. All the wood trim was replaced except for the trim that runs along the bottom of the doors arm rest (not faded & matches well with the new trim.) On July 10th my service advisor contacted me & stated that apparently there was a parts # mix up in the system with the interior trim pieces & the problem has been resolved. My total out of pocket cost was $975.00 & a free Matco telescoping inspection mirror left behind by one of the service techs in my center console.
Old 07-12-2024, 01:17 PM

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4XE, 2012 E550 4Matic
Nice, congrats! It is jarring to see the difference between the new, shiny trim and the old, faded stuff. Really dresses up the interior after it's done.