Car not starting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2023, 12:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 E Class 220D
Car not starting

Hi,

Twice today when I unlocked the car and put the key into the ignition and turned nothing happened. Lights didn't come on and engine did not start. I got out of the car and re-entered and put the key in and turned and the ignition lit up and engine started no problem. Same thing happened this evening too. But took a few attempts to re-enter the key and it started up. Could a low battery in the key be a reason for this or is it more serious?

Thanks
Old 05-03-2023, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,336 Likes on 2,220 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
Temperamental W212 : NO-CRANK... 😳

Originally Posted by gussy81
Hi,

Twice today when I unlocked the car and put the key into the ignition and turned nothing happened.
Lights didn't come on and engine did not start.

I got out of the car and re-entered and put the key in and turned and the ignition lit up and engine started no problem.

Same thing happened this evening too. But took a few attempts to re-enter the key and it started up.

Could a low battery in the key be a reason for this or is it more serious?

Thanks
Your car sometimes fails to wake up to start as evidenced by no-light on dashboard.

Once you have the ignition key inserted in the "Ignition switch" the FOB battery is no longer involved. Key is read directly through contactless coils.

-- Note: a bad FOB CR2035 battery cell is usually signaled on the dashboard of these cars. Not here, correct?

-- Go ahead and use a SCANNER to retrieve available faults.

-- Take sometime to say hello to your BATTERIES...measure voltages!
​​​​​What sort of AUX does your car packs:
a good "SLA battery" or "Farad-caps. module" ?

-- After these basics I'd concider a quick/simple car REBOOT to note any direct improvements of the EIS + KeyG solderless modules working with F-SAM power Mgt module.

-- Does your car features "Blind Spot" bumper radar modules... have these being working reliably with mirrors or part time amazing??

🤞

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 05-03-2023 at 04:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
juanmor40 (05-03-2023)