Control Arm Bolts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2023, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic
Control Arm Bolts

Hello all,
Recently purchased an E350 4MATIC and am in the process of piecing together items required to rebuild the front and rear suspension. i.e. control arms, bushings, tie rods etc. The car has ~85k miles on it and I'd like to avoid the hassle of finding bolts when I inevitably break one or two during the process.

Is there a list of replacement bolts somewhere for doing basically all the front and rear control arms?

Thanks in advance!

Curt
Old 06-02-2023, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,336 Likes on 2,220 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
Parts list EPC.... not simple 🫤

Originally Posted by curt5446
Hello all,
Recently purchased an E350 4MATIC and am in the process of piecing together items required to rebuild the front and rear suspension. i.e. control arms, bushings, tie rods etc. The car has ~85k miles on it and I'd like to avoid the hassle of finding bolts when I inevitably break one or two during the process.

Is there a list of replacement bolts somewhere for doing basically all the front and rear control arms?

Thanks in advance!

Curt
Hey Curt, i am going to volunteer help by saying everything on these cars is specific to a particular VIN with regard to suspensions components.

That means hardly anything is standard because no 2 cars are alike.... don't let that assumption of similarities bite you.

To get your list of part numbers you need to master the EPC... already that takes a fair mind plus practice.

Hands-on EPC is a lesson many of us could benefit from gaining expertise in.

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 06-02-2023 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-02-2023, 03:38 PM

2011 E350 4Matic
Thanks CaliBenzDriver! I've not owned a Benz since my W115 so, I wasn't aware of the variables. I'll have a look at the EPC and see what I'm in for.

Thanks Again!
Old 06-04-2023, 05:17 PM

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts
'11 E350 4Matic Wagon
How many miles does the car have? IMO, sounds extreme for pre-100k. My car went way beyond that before even needing shock/struts/air bags. Might be worth waiting until motor mounts, etc., need to be done, then all at the same time.
Old 06-04-2023, 05:30 PM

2011 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by Luddyludwick
How many miles does the car have? IMO, sounds extreme for pre-100k. My car went way beyond that before even needing shock/struts/air bags. Might be worth waiting until motor mounts, etc., need to be done, then all at the same time.
I'm at 86k. Just had an alignment done and one of the bolts for rear toe is seized so, I'm just preemptively collecting all the parts for a full front and rear end rebuild. Control arms, bolts, tie rod ends etc. I hate starting into a job of this magnitude just to have it shut down because a bolt broke. I prefer to have all the parts necessary to do the job. I'll probably tackle engine and trans mounts at the same time.
Old 06-05-2023, 06:18 AM

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts
'11 E350 4Matic Wagon
Originally Posted by curt5446
I'm at 86k. Just had an alignment done and one of the bolts for rear toe is seized so, I'm just preemptively collecting all the parts for a full front and rear end rebuild. Control arms, bolts, tie rod ends etc. I hate starting into a job of this magnitude just to have it shut down because a bolt broke. I prefer to have all the parts necessary to do the job. I'll probably tackle engine and trans mounts at the same time.
I was also asking because rear Bilsteins for S212s are on backorder forever now apparently. Had to do Sachs for the back on my wagon. Struts are no problem, and haven't looked into sedans.

The kind of job you mention is prime for a RockAuto or other discount sale...could save a ton of money that way!
Old 06-06-2023, 06:19 PM
SPONSOR

Received 368 Likes on 221 Posts
11 E550, 16 AMG GTS, 13 S550
i've been pulling out perfectly fine bushings/control arms for years at around that mileage because people were told they had to do it at 100k per FCP/the internet. I'd replace that bolt in question though, so the way to go is use those MB parts stores online, enter your VIN, they do a background check on your order to make sure you have the right parts

https://www.mboemparts.com/ is one of my favorite sites, they actually saved me from ordering the wrong sway bar because theres like 8 of them for the W212/S212

definitely do the trans mount though, my engine mounts were fine at 120. The trans mount is hollow rubber so it blows out really fast.. At 86k the sway bar links will start to go, other than that just replace whats actually broken.
The following 2 users liked this post by ChrisHimself:
CaliBenzDriver (06-06-2023), curt5446 (06-07-2023)