E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

2014 ILS led level calibration?/adjustment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2023, 12:12 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E550
2014 ILS led level calibration?/adjustment

Hi guys, picked up a 2014 E550, I had one last summer and sold it and regretted it so bought another... comparing from my memory of that one to this one. This car the 2 headlights are not lining up to each other on the road with their cut off lines and they are too low. all functions work fine otherwise and highbeam is fantastic.

Is there a way to manually adjust these to line up or would it be somehow a calibration?/configuration change to get them back how they should be?
Old 06-11-2023, 12:36 PM

Received 91 Likes on 45 Posts
2013 E250 CGI (M271 EVO)
Originally Posted by Octan3
Hi guys, picked up a 2014 E550, I had one last summer and sold it and regretted it so bought another... comparing from my memory of that one to this one. This car the 2 headlights are not lining up to each other on the road with their cut off lines and they are too low. all functions work fine otherwise and highbeam is fantastic.

Is there a way to manually adjust these to line up or would it be somehow a calibration?/configuration change to get them back how they should be?
There are two adjustment screws on each headlight, one for vertical and one for horizontal adjustment.

I followed this video here:

You need a fairly long 6mm hex key to adjust it since the screws are quite deep in the headlight housing.
The following users liked this post:
Octan3 (06-11-2023)
Old 06-12-2023, 01:13 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E550
Originally Posted by MeltdownSpectre
There are two adjustment screws on each headlight, one for vertical and one for horizontal adjustment.

I followed this video here:

https://youtu.be/tVb4RNUeVso

You need a fairly long 6mm hex key to adjust it since the screws are quite deep in the headlight housing.
Thanks, these headlights don't appear to have that style of adjuster. they have a bolt but it also looks like a inner nut that the bolt runs through, I assume by turning the inner nut it adjusts the light that way 🤷