E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Blower motor keeps running

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2023, 12:18 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
e350
Blower motor keeps running

I put front defroster on this morning, after car was hot I pushed off button, the fan kept running, I get to work turn car off blower motor kept running, I had to go under glove box to disconnect the blower motor fan. Anyone know why this would happen out of the blue?
Old 11-29-2023, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,448 Likes on 2,297 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
heads or tails...

Originally Posted by donny79
I put front defroster on this morning, after car was hot I pushed off button, the fan kept running, I get to work turn car off blower motor kept running, I had to go under glove box to disconnect the blower motor fan.

Anyone know why this would happen out of the blue?

> SMART HVAC :
There's a fair chance this is normal.
-- The AAC HVAC module tracks temperature and moisture levels.
It tries to dry moisture from the AC evaporator coil and prevent windshield condensation.

-- The timings for this game are enforced by the F-SAM that should cuts off power when sleeptime is up regardless of rain or thunder, power times out!

-- I like your idea of disconnecting stupid blower to preserve crank battery.

> EASY:
--1-- Without doing extensive investigations... you can try to prevent this condition by switching AC:OFF and using HEAT-only instead .... at least for sanity testing.

--2-- Do yourself a favor, Reboot the car for a chance to refresh soft-cradhed CAN-B members.
An automated watchdog function is missing. It's an understatement to say these systems are not built to be reliable.
Let's not chase our tail with this mad game.... reboot!

> BATTLE TIME:
--1-- When you have time, get scanning for faults and live HVAC data. You will gain insight on what sensor HVAC data is acting upon.

--2-- There are multiple factors that can combine to help HVAC disfunction :
  1. Solderless moisture sensor
  2. Solderless AAC module
  3. Painted footwell GND
  4. CAN-B signaling
  5. sensor/actuator faults

As you remove disrupting factors, these systems will act well under stressful conditions such as low voltage.

Draining a poorly charged battery to prevent windshield fog is a recipe for chaos. We'll try to help W212 not spoil your holiday spirit.
🤞

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 11-29-2023 at 03:12 PM.