E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Intermittent Drivers Door Lock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2023, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 c280 sport
Intermittent Drivers Door Lock

I have a 2014 212 with the keyless go option. The drivers side electric lock stopped working. I figured that the lock motor was faulty.
Strange enough I have an issue where the battery discharges if the car isnt driven for 2 days. I noticed that the door lock started to work
when the main battery is at 5-6 volts. Anybody have a clue where to start with this? I dont want to drill out rivets and throw parts at this
without some direction. All fuses are good. Scan with a Launch tool indicated an open circuit but it does work under low batter condition.
Very odd. Any help or direction is appreciated.
Happy New Year
Old 12-29-2023, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,336 Likes on 2,220 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
OMG... Solderless strikes 😳

Originally Posted by Rob95
I have a 2014 212 with the keyless go option. The drivers side electric lock stopped working. I figured that the lock motor was faulty.
Strange enough I have an issue where the battery discharges if the car isnt driven for 2 days. I noticed that the door lock started to work
when the main battery is at 5-6 volts. Anybody have a clue where to start with this? I dont want to drill out rivets and throw parts at this
without some direction. All fuses are good. Scan with a Launch tool indicated an open circuit but it does work under low batter condition.
Very odd. Any help or direction is appreciated.
Happy New Year
Sorry to read about the above. I've had the same amazing experience with my '14.

Luckily with CAN everything is linked!

The best way to describe what you're facing is a CAN-Bus storm. When enough modules are borderline failed, the car end up not being able to effective message across CAN-B.
This keeps it from entering deep sleep long enough and drains the oversized AGM.

You are dealing with "death by a 1000 cuts" ir a snowball of issues.

Your current top issue is the driver door control module. Its circuit board simply needs to be soldered normally.

Unfortunately all other 3 door modules share the same solderless DNA. The driver door acted first because it's the most used door!

Next you'll want to address the "KeylessGo Module for the same reasons. This will make your key become reliable at last

Next you'll want to learn the great relief of CAR REBOOTS. Given enough glitching and poor CAN networking, the main power manager known as F-SAM gets goofy and slow poke. Make it a habit to reboot twice a month or when you see brake "hold" is harder to get triggered.

Treat your car grumblings to a good MAIN GND STRAP. The single strap located in undercarriage needs maintenance cleaning and ultimately Chassis GND needs a good 2nd and 3rd strap up high and dry in engine bay.

If you don't know electronics soldering and troubleshooting this car will help you learn. It is built with solid bones mixed with a few defects we'll try to help you manage.

Plug up your battery charger and go browse my signature.
You've got lots of friends here who know what you're dealing with!

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 12-30-2023 at 02:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
BenzV12 (12-30-2023)