Old 04-21-2024, 05:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,449 Likes on 2,605 Posts
2014 - W212.065 - E400 ( M276.820, 3 liter Turbo) RWD not Hybrid
Wiper arm puller tools - 2 types, not bad

Gents,

I bought them locally, in USA Amazon sell them too :
Amazon Amazon

My car is RHD and driver side wiper arm is not as fat as passenger side.
The smaller tool fit decently well for my driver side, where space is tight due to it near the hinge of the hood.

I on purpose put a big washer to make sure least cosmetic damage to wiper arm paint.

The twin arms passenger side wiper is a bit fatter and I use the bigger tool. I added some sticky thick tape to prevent the puller hook from cosmetically ruining my wiper arm.

See the passenger arm base is fatter than the driver side from the washer vs the arm base. So the smaller tool wont work here as the push down stud/bolt will not be able
to "hit" the "bulls-eye". NOTE, the smaller tool actually is not big enough , if it can handle 5mm extra width, it will be fine.

ABOVE, notice the spinning shaft is actually taller at my passenger side than driver side. You can see 4 threads above the washer, where the driver side basically NIL.
This means the puller tool must be able to retract higher too for its push down stud/bolt.

The wiper rotating shaft is tampered, hence removing wiper arm is not easy when already tightened down, to 30Nm the official torque.
Last time I had to use my ball-joint tool to remove the wiper arm, as I do not yet have the small sized wiper arm tools yet.

Alternative tool will be this one, small but seems robust. If my country have this for sale, I would love to get this one too.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben.../018544sch01a/

Oky doky, hope this helps those who wants to clean and lubricate their wiper assy.

Just so you know, MB sells its official wiper arm puller tool at approx US$200 dugggh!!!
MB version is like Snap-ON one
https://shop.snapon.com/product/supp...Puller/KUK1423

MB official version. I still cant get its photo, damn !!!

https://www.fixparts-online.com/en/m...589143300.html

Crazy.....

Last edited by S-Prihadi; 04-21-2024 at 05:53 AM. Reason: ADD INFO
The following 2 users liked this post by S-Prihadi:
a4ncar (04-23-2024), Raj1471 (04-21-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,753 Likes on 1,123 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by S-Prihadi
My car is RHD and driver side wiper arm is not as fat as passenger side.
The smaller tool fit decently well for my driver side, where space is tight due to it near the hinge of the hood.
Surya, are you writing that on a Right-Hand Drive Mercedes, the OEM wiper blade is SHORTER on the right side of the car than the blade on the left?

If so, that is crazy. To think that Mercedes-Benz would design a single wiper geometry for all cars sold worldwide is simply insane.

The longer arm/blade combination should ALWAYS be on the side where the car is driven.. in front of the driver. That automatically means two configurations, one for LHD and one for RHD. For safety reasons if nothing else...

This news is not something I would expect to read about the most detail-minded, ****-retentive car manufacturer on the planet...

At minimum, the blade arms should be interchangeable, so that the long arm can work on either side of the car. Have you tried this yet?

Last edited by DFWdude; 04-21-2024 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-21-2024, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,641 Likes on 1,223 Posts
2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
My favorite all-around removal tool.

JUST KIDDING!!!
Old 04-21-2024, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DFWdude
Surya, are you writing that on a Right-Hand Drive Mercedes, the OEM wiper blade is SHORTER on the right side of the car than the blade on the left?

If so, that is crazy. To think that Mercedes-Benz would design a single wiper geometry for all cars sold worldwide is simply insane.

The longer arm/blade combination should ALWAYS be on the side where the car is driven.. in front of the driver. That automatically means two configurations, one for LHD and one for RHD. For safety reasons if nothing else...

This news is not something I would expect to read about the most detail-minded, ****-retentive car manufacturer on the planet...

At minimum, the blade arms should be interchangeable, so that the long arm can work on either side of the car. Have you tried this yet?

For my W212, both wiper blades are 60cm, I know some W212 has shorter blade for one side. I think a Left Hand Drive version.

Wiper arm configuration is quite bad for my case.
My driver side wiper arm the single arm one, does 90 degrees sweep. Parked position as zero degree.
My passenger side wiper arm , the double arm version, does like 120 degrees swipe.
The best windshield region getting double swipe is the middle part, so it will suit Maclaren F1 center steering car heheheheh.

RIGHT HAND DRIVE car

Left Hand Drive car

In very big rain, our wiper's passenger side blade will actually push lots of water to driver side vision, at wiper blade maximum reverse position.

The wiper assy.. Dummy means the spinning shaft is not powered/motorized, simple follow only slave unit.

Twin arm of a RHD car, passenger side wiper.

The attachment point is also different angle for my type of wiper arm to wiper blade, between LHD and RHD car.

Old 04-21-2024, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

3 variants of wiper blade set for typical E350 M276 engine. Chassis W212.059

Where i marked S it means 1 blade is SHORTER. L means Left Hand Drive car, like US market.