Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2024, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,525 Likes on 2,645 Posts
2014 - W212.065 - E400 ( M276.820, 3 liter Turbo) RWD not Hybrid
10th year - Cooling & Vacuum system refresh

Gents,

Finally I done the coolant handling components replacement, as per 10th year plan.
W212.065 E400 RHD version.

Engine side

EPC has mistake here for my car. So I wrote the correction, if you are also owning E400 and a RHD version.
I have explained here : https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...rts-renew.html

The pipe above in red is found in EPC below , item #10.

NOTE 1A & 1B :
Item 250 which is aluminum pipe with a short hose is the OUTPUT or RETURN of the heater core.
I have bypassed my heater core, explained here : https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...2-2-hoses.html

What I learnt when trying to replace item 250 ALU pipe, it is not possible to do so without removing brake booster set...DUGGH !!!!!

I think this is a RHD car issue. The pipe shape is what made it impossible to wiggle out by pulling out from engine side.
So I am using the old ALU pipe, but its hose end is no more in use, because of the heater core by-pass I did.

NOTE 2 :
I on purpose is keeping the modified coolant hose item #180.
There is a coolant pressure sensor there and it is easy to be replaced. I want to see how long it will last till it looks bad or can leak.
It is explained here : https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...-location.html

I notice MB hoses are excellent. It is Kevlar if not Spectra corded. The rubber is also very good. It it break, it would be the plastic end of it and not the hose itself.
My Ford Fiesta coolant hoses to heater core is garbage TORN at a mere 8th year and 27,000KM, piece of shi-et brand a Ford is. I will never buy another Ford.

What I could not replace yet for engine cooling system is the cooling ALU pipe & hose for the turbochargers.
This will be 12th year program when I do the most difficult of all coolant based task, the timing cover coolant o-ring and the engine oil cooler's gasket.
See below for turbocharger coolant based cooling :

Why some components were replaced in 2019, the sad story is here : https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...i-am-sure.html

===================

Aftercooler section. Coolant and air side. The 3 short thick rubber hoses are the air side from turbos ( 2 ) to intake manifold ( 1 big one ) ..... the throttle body to be exact.

The 2022 replaced hose was simply because its o-ring which clips to the small coolant reservoir.
That o-ring has super super micro leak of 6 drops of coolant when driven VERY hard. I hate it.
Tried getting local o-ring, but none works. So I had to buy the whole dam hose #280. Anyhow it is OK, I bought it 2 years sooner, that is all.

=================

VACUUM hoses

I replaced these 2.
My check valves at the vacuum pump is good.
No oil traces on any of my vacuum hoses.
Suction of vacuum pump is good and I have Bank Gauge monitoring it with special absolute pressure sensor.

Last edited by S-Prihadi; 05-19-2024 at 02:43 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by S-Prihadi:
CaliBenzDriver (05-19-2024), tesna (07-27-2024), Œuvre (05-19-2024)
Old 07-27-2024, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,525 Likes on 2,645 Posts
2014 - W212.065 - E400 ( M276.820, 3 liter Turbo) RWD not Hybrid
I forgot to add.........

Just like the engine coolant recovery bottle with chemical pack in bag form, the charge cooler coolant recovery bottle for M276.8 3.0 Turbo or M278 also has chemical pack in plastic cage form
MB coolant service life is so long, is not because of the coolant itself, but because of these chemical pack.

So, those who has plan to replace coolant, also replace your coolant recovery bottle. The bottle will crack anyway.
MB supposedly claim coolant life of 15 years, WITH the chemical pack of course.

The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (07-27-2024)