E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

WIS/EPC installation error

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2024, 09:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E350 Base
Question WIS/EPC installation error

Hi all, so I purchased a download of the WIS/EPC from ebay and have been trying to get it installed. Instructions direct me to install virtual box, which I did without issue. however once I am there I have three errors in the settings. I've tried changing the settings to get it to launch, but I cannot seem to resolve the Hyper V one. and as a result the OK button is always greyed out and I can't change any of the settings. I've looked in the Windows features list and Hyper V isn't an option....

Has anyone gone through this? I messaged the seller in ebay, but he isn't responding, though it is the weekend, so I don't know. Thoughts, Ideas?

The errors I get are the following.

"System Acceleration page: The hardware virtualization is enabled in the acceleration section of the system page although it is not supported by the host system. It should be disabled in order to start the virtual system. "

Hovering over the second error shows

"Display screen page: The virtual machine is configured to use 3D acceleration. This will only work if you pick a different graphics controller (VBoxSVGA. Either Disable 3D acceleration or switch to required graphics controller type. The later will be done automatically if you confirm your changes.

Display: Remote Display page: Remote Display is currently enable for this virtual machine. However, this requires the Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension pack to be installed. Pleas install the extension pack from the virtual box download site as otherwise your VM will be started with remote display disabled.
Old 06-16-2024, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,849 Likes on 1,371 Posts
2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
While cheap to go this way, it is not optimal. The VM is required to "fix" the network card address since it is used to generate the activation key. When installing without a VM, you would need to generate a start key for your specific PC. The VM tries to fix this problem by using a static network card address within the VM. That said, this approach can be a pain in the *** since printing anything may be difficult, if not impossible.

Don't know where you are in your Mercedes DIY journey, but you will have a very hard time without the right tools. There are good, inexpensive Mercedes specific scanners for reading and clearing some codes during initial problem identification. But for detailed troubleshooting, analysis, and problem resolution, you will eventually come to acquire a Star Diagnostic System (SDS) comprised of a portable Windows PC (e.g., laptop), a C4 Multiplexer, and XENTRY software. If you want a system that is guaranteed to work out of the box, contact @BenzNinja at www.benzninja.com. Trust me, I have been through it all and would have save a lot of money by not trying to save money.
The following 2 users liked this post by JettaRed:
BenzNinja (06-19-2024), Sunnyslope48 (06-16-2024)
Old 06-16-2024, 09:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E350 Base
Honestly I'm trying to replace the PCV, and timing chain tensioners. I've watched many videos, and have a pretty good idea what I need to do, but as the mantra goes... RTFM, so I'm trying to get a copy of that section of the manual to review. Everyone says, just go on ebay and buy a WIS/EPC copy, so I figured for $10 why not. Sounds like you have this setup, can you send me a PDF or post one of the section regarding Timing chain tensioner replacement and the other about the PCV replacement?

Thanks