MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   W213 fully revealed. (Pics) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/611217-w213-fully-revealed-pics.html)

DerekACS 01-23-2016 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by $100 GUY (Post 6685466)
You got the link where it says the E-Klasse is 20% lighter?

Don't believe everything you read on this forum ! The new W213 is NOT 20% lighter; the actual difference is about 150 lbs. or 68 kg. less in curb weight, approx -2% !!! The W213 is also about 2" longer overall than the W212.

cocobeex 01-24-2016 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by $100 GUY (Post 6685466)
You got the link where it says the E-Klasse is 20% lighter?

Here is the info (But i don't see 20% lighter.)

http://www.mercedes-benz.de/content/...ta/models.html

bachree 01-24-2016 11:22 AM

Benzfooled 01-26-2016 06:47 PM

Did they abandon the "sport" grill in favor of the more traditional looking MB grill shown in the video?

EDIT: OOPS. Nevermind, went to the future vehicles section on MBUSA and saw the sport grill still exists! Yes.

$100 GUY 01-30-2016 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by DerekACS (Post 6685599)
Don't believe everything you read on this forum ! The new W213 is NOT 20% lighter; the actual difference is about 150 lbs. or 68 kg. less in curb weight, approx -2% !!! The W213 is also about 2" longer overall than the W212.

Hahaha, been there, done that.
That is actually why I asked for the link.

$100 GUY 01-30-2016 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Benzfooled (Post 6688841)
Did they abandon the "sport" grill in favor of the more traditional looking MB grill shown in the video?

EDIT: OOPS. Nevermind, went to the future vehicles section on MBUSA and saw the sport grill still exists! Yes.

Yeah, if there is one thing the E-Klasse lineup offers is variety

jerome8283 01-30-2016 08:48 PM

I did not see this posted yet. Good Look...

JP500 01-31-2016 10:26 AM

I don't know, but I guess some people need to get accustomed to the new design of the w213. Me personally, I just passed 150,000 miles on my w211 e500 sport, and when I saw the unveiling of the w213, it made me decide to sell my w211 instantly because I realized how dated the car(w211) is. I can't wait for the dealer ordering guide to be available. I just hope we don't come across the same none sense that the new C class came along with. I am used to not having any issues with my old e500 aside from a one time air matic failure. I absolutely love this new e class design, especially that with stunningly beautiful interior, and I can't wait to place an order to my taste. I said it once and I say it again I just hope Mercedes Benz doesn't release some garbage to come along with the 6 figure price tag of the AMG variant.

tmoneyC450amg 01-31-2016 11:34 AM

Pretty soon all MB models will look the same just with a different midsection. Cost and R&D savings at its best. What did MB do? Fire all the high paid designers oh wait, they left for companies like BMW and even Hyundai and Kia and Lexus lol

Dema 01-31-2016 07:58 PM

Stop buying MB. I see strong completion now from Cadillac, CT6 loos beautiful, although looks like CTS. But still there are options of Lincoln.

jerome8283 01-31-2016 09:07 PM

Competition is good. Looks are subjective.

JP500 01-31-2016 09:48 PM

I'll never stop buying MB as long as they continue to satisfy my desire to drive something special. The competition is good and strong, but I'd rather be the leader in the segment as oppose to just a strong competitor. Just my .02

Wolfman 02-01-2016 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Dema (Post 6693498)
Stop buying MB. I see strong completion now from Cadillac, CT6 loos beautiful, although looks like CTS. But still there are options of Lincoln.

I also like the looks of the CT6 but am less impressed with Cadiallc after driving another model. Very disappointing experience.

Was in CA for a few days and the rental company gave me a brand-new XTS with 6 miles on the clock instead of the BMW 5 series I was expecting. Nicely loaded as well; wish our S-class had apple CarPlay.
I had high expectations but this thing drove like crap and the onboard electronics/navigation was counter intuitive, distracting and reminded me of Windows 95 from the looks. Seats seemed less supportive, overall the interior was very nicely appointed.

The chassis response was nothing like I have read about ATS or CTS models but then I wasn't familiar with an XTS. We ended up exchanging it the next day with a lesser equipped 2016 A6 which offered better drive dynamics, engine and transmission.
Compared both cars on their respective web sites just to realize that the Audi turned out to be the cheaper of the two...

El Cid 02-01-2016 09:28 AM

Cadillac sales are down

Originally Posted by Dema (Post 6693498)

Cadillac sales are down in US, while MB's are up.

cleankutazn 02-02-2016 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by jerome8283 (Post 6692836)

Sad to see just a black cover for the front tweeter.

W210 02-02-2016 06:27 PM

Curious if it has self closing doors and rear shades..

jaworks3d 02-16-2016 04:55 PM

Yeah, the W213 looks a lot like a C Class but I never liked the front end of the facelifted W212.

I Also praise the Elegance's new front end, it has more character than the 2014-2016, along with the return of visible rear exhaust, it's a major improvment.

As for the AMG-line, It also looks better to me, it's outer front "intakes" are not as big and therefore less intimidating to Elegance and Avantgarde fans like me.

I really hope the U.S. market adopts more wheel choices for the Elegance like they have in Germany, the 20" wheels look wonderful on it, a perfect balance of aggression and classic style:

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...2a70ad7c14.jpg

jaworks3d 02-16-2016 05:10 PM

One more thing, will the Avantgarde line FINALLY make its way to the United States? I like the elegance bumpers with the sport grill.

Mrmendoza 02-17-2016 10:25 PM

It just looks like a bigger C-Class and a smaller S-Class IMHO I'm used to the clear distinction in between the 3 models C, E & S and it's pretty much the same shirt in different sizes...might as well name them Small, Medium and Large. I miss the sharp edges they should at least made the tailights a lil different, it may have to grow on me but for now its a medium sized clone of the other two models. :(

jaworks3d 02-17-2016 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmendoza (Post 6711265)
I miss the sharp edges they should at least made the tailights a lil different

Even if the E class sedan were to adopt the style of taillights that the S class coupe has equipped, I think it would be better off.

As for my all time favorite E class look, It's a close call between the 1991 500E AMG or the 2011 E350/E550 sport. They both had plenty of class but were aggressive at the same time. These days I feel there is too much of a gap between elegance and aggression. In order to fill that gap with the E class the U.S. market needs to bring the Avantgarde styling into the picture. I'm no expert but I believe it would sell quite well, considering the fact I see the Avantgarde style C class everywhere where I live.

aceman 02-20-2016 10:48 AM

I dunno. I don't remember the C class looking SOOOO similar to the E in the past generation. There are so many of them on the road now, add the multitude of E's that will hit the road, and frankly to me, they all loook the darn same (just the bigger proportions of the E). I love the interior, but wish there was something different w/ the look sans just making it a little bigger.

Aceman

El Cid 02-20-2016 02:19 PM

Quad headlights

Originally Posted by aceman (Post 6713787)
I dunno. I don't remember the C class looking SOOOO similar to the E in the past generation. There are so many of them on the road now, add the multitude of E's that will hit the road, and frankly to me, they all loook the darn same (just the bigger proportions of the E). I love the interior, but wish there was something different w/ the look sans just making it a little bigger.

Aceman

The most distinctive separation in previous generation E's was that they had four headlights. No other MB did. Now the designers have taken that away so the C, E and S will look alike.

El Cid 02-20-2016 02:32 PM

Quad headlights

Originally Posted by aceman (Post 6713787)

Aceman

The most distinctive separation in previous generation E's was that they had four headlights. No other MB did. Now the designers have taken that away so the C, E and S will look alike.

hyperion667 02-21-2016 08:50 AM

Benz has watered down their style.....and yes, they all look the same: I mistook an ACCORD for a Benz the other day.....

$100 GUY 02-22-2016 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmendoza (Post 6711265)
It just looks like a bigger C-Class and a smaller S-Class IMHO I'm used to the clear distinction in between the 3 models C, E & S and it's pretty much the same shirt in different sizes...might as well name them Small, Medium and Large. I miss the sharp edges they should at least made the tailights a lil different, it may have to grow on me but for now its a medium sized clone of the other two models. :(

Yeah, hopefully they instill some difference in the Coupe version which is the one I am looking for.
Love the taillights of the current E-Klasse generation.