E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

2017 MB E300 4Matic - Suspension, Trim, MB Eliminated Star, Fragrance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E300 2017
2017 MB E300 4Matic - Suspension, Trim, MB Eliminated Star, Fragrance

Hello forum , we got our car 2 weeks ago Sport,Polar White with beige interior, pcked 2 , we love our car , but driving it for a week i have several questions and concerns

1. Suspension
As its sport packg , i assume car should feel stiff and more sporty , it is , BUT , if you get s little bump on around 30+ mph , it feel like i huge bump and its very loud in cabin and it feels like there is no spings at all. I was wondering if its all models have this effect m or just mine. TBH i never this effect from 2017 E class, we had Nissan Altima before and its feel much smoother ride then MB , saddly , please share . Aslo is there a way to smoother up Suspension ?

2. Trim
We have Burl Walnut wood, its not that we dont like it , but would love to change it to something else more modern, questions it , is there a way to buy other trip and replace it , or may be some one knows company like D-Brand to make custom covers. thnx in advance

3. Eliminated Star
I love how eliminated star looks , but i cant find it on accessories page for w213 , meanwhile there is option to buy it when building a car . Aslo can it be replaced with pack 2 ( no distronic ) , thank you in advance

4.Fragrance

This is the most painfull one .
all 2017 e class has this awesome feature of having scent and more to switch scents and even place your own one . BUUUUUT : we we gont the car i set setting on HIGH and during whole time having a car me nor my GF ever can smell scent , not even a slight shadow of it . If we take in mind that MB spend so much for developing those scents and emplimented in MB is big deal , and there a was Huge presentation about it , i went to dealership and asked them to check the system and despencer if its working.
They had my car for like 3-4 hours , returned back and said all working fine , no error codes in system , and guy said we not suppose to smell it like regular fragrance and it releases mist in "random" ((
We are not stupid and not crazy people , we never could smell it , ever .
So i went online to MB and bought different scent , drove for few days , still no scent , not even slightest .
Please can someone conform that you can smell the scent , even a little bit. On amazing there is reviews , that people say they can smell it and its great .
Thank you for attention .
if anyone have q about a car , i gladly answer ti

Old 08-20-2016, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts
2017 E300
1) Have you checked the tire pressure since delivery? Usually they are overinflated when given to the customer. Also, this may be due in part with the run flat tires.

3) The scent should not be overwhelming at all, and your dealer is right, it is random. For instance, since people get used to smells and end up not smelling anything, the system will adjust how much to dispense. That being said, if you cannot smell anything at all, that is worrisome. Maybe the canister hasn't been opened or has some kind of plastic lid?
Old 08-22-2016, 09:55 PM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
E300 P03
The stock E300 loaner that I've been driving last few days definitely feels softer and quieter comparing to my sport package equipped E300. With that said, I'd describe the sport package version's ride as pleasantly balanced, moderately firm, and reasonably quiet. My car scrapes the road bumps around my neighborhood unless I drive slower than usual. My wife absolutely loves the way our car handles the road curves, however.
I've seen a few illuminated MB stars on the freeway around here. From 6 to 10 car lengths away, they look indistinctive and lost in between the headlights. Perhaps they look better up close, but not while on the road.
We can definitely tell when the car emits the perfume. It's overpowering but not subtle either. I notice that the fragrance is released when you start up the car and not so often afterward. Check to see if the container is correctly installed.
Hope this helps.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E300 2017
Originally Posted by ADD0514
The stock E300 loaner that I've been driving last few days definitely feels softer and quieter comparing to my sport package equipped E300. With that said, I'd describe the sport package version's ride as pleasantly balanced, moderately firm, and reasonably quiet. My car scrapes the road bumps around my neighborhood unless I drive slower than usual. My wife absolutely loves the way our car handles the road curves, however.
I've seen a few illuminated MB stars on the freeway around here. From 6 to 10 car lengths away, they look indistinctive and lost in between the headlights. Perhaps they look better up close, but not while on the road.
We can definitely tell when the car emits the perfume. It's overpowering but not subtle either. I notice that the fragrance is released when you start up the car and not so often afterward. Check to see if the container is correctly installed.
Hope this helps.
thnx for feedback , i lowered PSI to 34 and its rides much much smoother . I still cant get smell notice what ever i do , i think you cant really install container incorrectly , as its has magnit and it snaps on really one position