E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

About an Exciting new E400 Wagon!! Car shopping diary

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Mercedes S550 4Matic
About an Exciting new E400 Wagon!! Car shopping diary

Hi everyone I am probably the newest member of MBWorld, feels great to see everyone is helping each other out!

I am not in any way shape of form to be consider as a "success person", though I drive a used S class, since I am still try my best to get back in university and I amn already in my twenties.

I was a licensed welder since I drop of high school and think "I dont need that crap education to be rich, just use both of my hand". Life is hard, but I am still managed to afford the car payment for an not too bad condition S class.

I am currently driving an 2013 S550 4Matic owner, I bought it used 2 and half years for a deal that is too good to be true (I know this car was in an accident, radar cruise control and some electronic gadgets always go off on me, and also I bought this car with more than 100k km on the odometer, and most importantly I am the 7th owner) . So i decided to traded it in for something slightly better, like the new 2017 E400 Wagon.

And sure the local sales person is so friendly and let me take a peek at one of the ordering guide(I am not able to order for any shape of form)

Looks like the only model available is Canada, and I cannot go with an E45, cause I do not want wait a another year and I am pretty much sure I am not able to afford the payment for an E45.

I was walked in the dealership and asked for this vehicle and surprisingly, no one have any idea and no one know it is existed ("Is that only available in Europe?").

Some wired option combinations I found on this generation, I got some pics for you guys.
This is where I got those information from: should be 100% accurate

First one:
I am not sure but with my experience ordering guide always shows the pics for an fully loaded model, but this:

Blank Button?????!!!?????!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!? ??!!
Seriesouly??????????? Even fully loaded?? btw any e class owner if you guys can let me know what are those extra button space do I will be so impressed, or it is available only on European model, that is an easy fix I can just order parts from europe and snap on.

Second one, sound system, not available on wagon, excuse me???????

So I guess Mercedes is not giving us better sound quality even we throw money at them,

Okay, here are some good stuff:
The engine:
E45AMG has a decent exhaust sound and thanks god both car shares the same engine, just different tune and different parts I guess. It is so possible to bolt on the E45 Exhaust or other parts to make it sounds great again.

With the "almost no charge smart car" discount I am pretty sure this is the car I am ordering, I just wonder anyone testing out the Drive pilot yet? I love tesla auto pilot but I hate electric cars. So If the drive pilot is a pretty good system I guess I will stick with Merc for a long period of time.
Old 12-17-2016, 03:51 PM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
E300 P03
Originally Posted by CattyT0mboy
Blank utton?????!!!?????!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?? ?!!
Seriesouly??????????? Even fully loaded?? btw any e class owner if you guys can let me know what are those extra button space do I will be so impressed, or it is available only on European model, that is an easy fix I can just order parts from europe and snap on.
There are engines and options not offered in certain markets due to MB's business decisions and local regulations. Most likely, these options are not available and the on-board software will limit their functionalities in the market they're not intended for.

Originally Posted by CattyT0mboy
Second one, sound system, not available on wagon, excuse me???????
So I guess Mercedes is not giving us better sound quality even we throw money at them,
The high-end system require considerable time, cost, and effort to develop. It's tailored to a specific model due to many factors that affect the sound - such as interior volume, surface reflections, speaker locations, etc. MB and Burmester probably did not develop the 3D system for the E400 due to economic considerations.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,118 Likes on 732 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Just some info, for $2000 you can turn that E 400 into an E43. Simply send the ECU to Renntech, they will boost it for you giving you 400 hp +. The main differential between the 400 and the 43 is a similar "tune", add some sticky high performance summer tires and you will have essentially the same car. That's what I did with my C400. Plus, I have proved it works since my tuned car is actually faster than a coworkers C450 in a straight line!
Old 12-19-2016, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
In an E300, the last two switches are going to be blank regardless of the options on the car.

The switches are active on an E63. Here is an example (from the E63 Edition 1 at the LA Auto Show):

The two additional switches on the E63 are switches for options available on the E300, but the E300 has center console switches available and the E63 does not.

Following pages taken from E-Class Operator's Manual (notice the location on an E300). The two additional switches are:

Rear Window Roller Sunblind

Air Body Control

Here is the E63's center console switch layout: