Some issues with the new W213

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 04:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes Benz E220D/GONE!JUNK!Current GLC Coupe 350d 4 Matic
Some issues with the new W213

Hey there guys. Been a while since my last post here. Had different kind of cars in the mean time. But finally found my way back to the Benz.

Just got a brand new E 220 Diesel. Black on black, AMG interior and AMG exterior packages, wide screen, Driver Assistance Package plus and more...

This is where the issue starts. You buy a vehicle for almost 80 grand and it has power seats but only 6 way, so if you need to go forward with your seat you need to do it manually :/
This is how the car was configured u couldn't do anything about it.

I kinda got over it, but what I can not get over is the fact that they left the button in tact next to the seat heater button which when pressed takes control of the passenger seat... I mean it is fully functional,the button that is, only its useless.

Also im having issues with the MB app. I can not get connected and the SOS function is warning me that it is not functioning...

On the positive note.

I'm very happy with the driving characteristic. The engine produces good power and the transmission shifts excellent.

What are your thoughts on these two issues I mentioned?

Happy Motoring.

Greetings from Switzerland 🇨🇭
Old 03-20-2017, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e-class w213 220d
disk brakes

I got my e220d last October and I am in the process of getting a third set of front disk brakes just only after 15.000 kms.
Clearly the regular disks are not up to the job!
Also if you are in the process of configuring a new w213 and considering to include the SAP module be carefull because it does not work with iphones and MB do not warn you about this lack of comptability.
The in-car net is also a bit confusing.
However, at the end of the day, is a great piece of engineering!
Old 03-20-2017, 04:30 PM

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts
E220d
My w212 only had 6 way powered seats. The pax button should still activate the passanger seat heating even if there's no movement of the seat available to you. I've got the memory seat option on mine so I can't check that but it'd be weird if it didn't.

Re the brakes something is badly wrong there! I've done 15,000 miles (over 20k km). I had the car in a few weeks back for warranty work and they reported my brakes were only 10 percent worn! Most of my miles are motorway but still, the brakes are lasting! I've got the amg line car with big boy front discs, not sure that helps. But regardless, sounds like your calipers constantly dragging. Dealer needs to sort.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by kroz
I got my e220d last October and I am in the process of getting a third set of front disk brakes just only after 15.000 kms.
Clearly the regular disks are not up to the job!
Also if you are in the process of configuring a new w213 and considering to include the SAP module be carefull because it does not work with iphones and MB do not warn you about this lack of comptability.
The in-car net is also a bit confusing.
However, at the end of the day, is a great piece of engineering!
I understand your brake pads were not worn, you "just" were not happy with the performance? Something odd there too but quite a different issue if you had worn pads at that mileage.

Did Apple warn you about missing BT SAP support, missing BT DUN support etc. when you bought the phone? Your dealer should have helped you if you told him/her which phone you would be using.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e-class w213 220d
Brakes and BT SAP module

The brake pads were not worn but became uneven causing strong vibrations during braking. MB replaced them and the new ones became uneven again after a few thousands kms.
I am not a braker, I avoid touching the brakes as much as I can, never had this issue in my previous thirty cars.
As this happens after driving in the motorway for hours, without touching the brakes myself, in auto pilot mode, it looks related to the way the car manages the braking to adjust the speed. Eventually, the regular disks are not suitable for this type of driving.
Perhaps the AMG big disks is the solution

The BT works fine, it is just the SAP module that is useless with IOS, only works with Android.
The salesman knew nothing about it, nor the MB product manager for the W213. If you configure a car online, there is no remarks from MB about this.
In the end MB refunded me the cost.

On the positive side, the auto pilot driving experience is something!
If I did not have to touch the wheel every thirty seconds it would be perfect.
Amazing relax driving!